This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    2 Kamakura shirts arrived today. I think I have a new favorite sub-$100 shirt brand. They even pattern matched the sleeves which is basically unheard of at this price.
    Did you do MTM or OTR? What material did you get? I've been interested in stopping into their store in midtown, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Comment

OTR, a blue broadcloth and a blue/white "London stripe." Really amazing for the price! I have to be in the city 9 of the next 10 days but I didn't know if I'd have time to get over there so I just ordered from Japan based on measurements from their site. It arrived in 4 business days.

Comment

I get my hair cut about a block away from their city store, may have to swing by to check it out tomorrow while I'm over there.

Comment

Napoli suit came in today. 38R. I figured I'd have slight issues with the sleeve lengths, but these are very short and I wouldn't be comfortable wearing the jacket like this.

Functioning buttons make my next decision difficult. Do I swap it out for a 38L (which adds another inch of sleeve; do I have room for that extra inch?) or try to get my tailor to lengthen them slightly without throwing off the proportions of the cuff too much (I wouldn't want to add another button). I'm thinking going the 38L is the right choice, but just wanted some quick feedback. The OTR fit otherwise is pretty solid.

Comment

To me, it looks like it might be a little short in the body, in addition to the sleeves being short. I think maybe the 38L would be a better fit.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              I haven't purchased anything since Lent started last Wednesday, but I did receive a pre-Lent online purchase in the mail this week. L.L. Bean Signature searsport flannel suit. Pretty sure I got the last one in size 36, as the 36 option disappeared completely from the site shortly after I put my order through. Still a little pricey, even with the 20% discount, but the fit is almost perfect. Hopefully my tailor can shorten the sleeves without TOO much trouble.
              I just got the navy and grey on backstock
              Got em tailored up as well

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                To me, it looks like it might be a little short in the body, in addition to the sleeves being short. I think maybe the 38L would be a better fit.
                I agree with BenR, the 38L should be much better generally. Hard to say for certain, but it looks like you have plenty of room for the extra inch in length on the sleeves, and if it's too much, I'm guessing they can shorten a little even with functioning.

Comment

My first foray into premium footwear:

AE Fifth Ave in Bourbon:

Comment

Uh.

So I ordered my first pair of shell cordovan today. Factory-second AE Patriots in burgundy. Reallllly hoping they look awful and I send them back, because I don't know why I need to drop $300 on a pair of shoes right now other than the fact that the other ones I want are currently in the high $200s (McAllisters, Fifth Streets) with not a 2 for $250 sale in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                      Uh.

So I ordered my first pair of shell cordovan today. Factory-second AE Patriots in burgundy. Reallllly hoping they look awful and I send them back, because I don't know why I need to drop $300 on a pair of shoes right now other than the fact that the other ones I want are currently in the high $200s (McAllisters, Fifth Streets) with not a 2 for $250 sale in sight.
                      Once you go shell you'll never go back. Well, not really...but you'll wish every shoe you had was made of the stuff.

Comment

@Vanquish: Nice choice. Smart-looking shoes. Wear them well!

Comment

Picked up this short sleeve popover from J Crew during their summer sale last week. I love the material; it's very lightweight and soft. Something seems just a bit off. I can't decide if it's the pattern, or the fit, or the fact that I've never worn a popover before. Are the sleeves too long? Note that they probably look a bit weird because they've not been ironed. It was cheap enough ($25) that I'm willing to keep it long enough to give it a chance, but I'd also be OK with returning it. Either way, I'd love some opinions on it.

Comment

Pump-fake: Swapped some Spring/Summer footwear options out with some Fall/Winter replacements this morning. No purchases though, as they simply went from the current closet shoe rack to last year's kicks' storage boxes and vice versa. Total cost: $0, but it sure feels like I just went shoe shopping again. Fun! Now, come on Fall. Get your @$$ here for real. Pleeeeeease...?

Comment

It's always interesting to rediscover things as the weather changes. The sweater I wore in yesterday's WIWT is one I'd forgotten I even owned.
                              Ben

Comment

BJ - I think it's the stripes. It reminds me of a prison uniform. Also, the stripes don't line up right on the sides where the front and back meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X