Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up the last pair of Stafford Camlins at my jcp, priced at $50 minus a $10 coupon I had. Love the boot - this was the display pair and they happened to fit nicely. And yes, the Kents look like shiny plastic crap by comparison. Sad!

Comment

Just snagged a pair of AE Fifth Ave's on Amazon in brown for $191 (incl shipping/tax) w/ the 20% amazon sign up code.

Comment

Picked up the Brooks Gatsby and Brown Strand in the 2/250. Such a good deal on the strands even though they fit a bit snug and if I post pics, people will no doubt say they look too narrow because of the larger V (approx 1.25-1.5 inch gap) but hey for 125, I think I can deal with it. I'm hoping it will close more as I wear them and the leather stretches and the footbed gives in.

Comment

Bought these suede dub monks from Zara over the weekend. Good bang for the buck.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

AE Chesters came in today. For $25 these are not bad at all; bit of a scuff on the right toe, but I can't complain. Going to give them a polish tonight.

Comment

Some things arrived from Banana Republic today, some of it good, some of it not so much. On the positive side, I got a pair of Aiden chinos and love the fit, and a medium tailored slim-fit shirt, which also fits me quite well. The two of them set me back $50, so I'm quite pleased.

On the less positive side, I got one of their modern v-neck sweaters, just to test it out, and it's just garbage. It looked ratty from the moment I opened the package, and felt synthetic and unpleasant. Which is no surprise, since it largely is. I also got this Charcoal Modern Slim-fit blazer, in medium, and now unavailable. It isn't actually charcoal, it has more of a brownish tint, and the cotton is thick, giving it a very seasonal look. However, it has elbow patches, which I realized only after ordering it, and rather thick shoulder padding. On top of that, size medium is actually size 40R, and it proved too large for me.

I also got a silk-cotton-cashmere v-neck sweater, but the medium is too large for me. I do like the quality of it though, so I might simply exchange that. And on the whole, I'd say this is not too shabby. Thank god for free returns!

Comment

Unfortunate to hear about the blazer since I have one in the mail that I got stupid cheap. Also ordered a medium and 40 will be too big. Oh well, guess it'll go back when it arrives.

Comment

I got the Charcoal modern slim fit in medium too and it is like you said more like a 40R. Too big on me. At the price I would have kept it if I could have exchanged it for a small. Unfortunately it is out of stock online and in stores.

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                  Some things arrived from Banana Republic today, some of it good, some of it not so much. On the positive side, I got a pair of Aiden chinos and love the fit, and a medium tailored slim-fit shirt, which also fits me quite well. The two of them set me back $50, so I'm quite pleased.

On the less positive side, I got one of their modern v-neck sweaters, just to test it out, and it's just garbage. It looked ratty from the moment I opened the package, and felt synthetic and unpleasant. Which is no surprise, since it largely is. I also got this Charcoal Modern Slim-fit blazer, in medium, and now unavailable. It isn't actually charcoal, it has more of a brownish tint, and the cotton is thick, giving it a very seasonal look. However, it has elbow patches, which I realized only after ordering it, and rather thick shoulder padding. On top of that, size medium is actually size 40R, and it proved too large for me.

I also got a silk-cotton-cashmere v-neck sweater, but the medium is too large for me. I do like the quality of it though, so I might simply exchange that. And on the whole, I'd say this is not too shabby. Thank god for free returns!

Comment

Sounds like we all got screwed by GAP Inc.'s oversized measurements/clothing. I swear I can almost fit into XS in some GAP/BR lines, and I'm 5'9" 170. Not sure how a medium is a 40R - basically means they have no size options for true smalls since I imagine the small is 38R. Also annoying that this problem isn't illustrated in the size guide.

Supposed to be slimmer than their tailored slim too, which is one reason I figured I'd be fine with a medium.

Comment

This is me in my brand new Pointer Brand jacket. Obviously the striped shirt isn't a great choice under it, but it's what I had on when the package arrived, so...

Comment

Purchased some clearance jcp and Jcrew factory long sleeve shirts. Totally spent, $22!

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...925_180701.jpg

Comment

Just made a big boy purchase at full retail on some Wolverine 1000 miles in brown (the standard style, not the wingtip) after weeks of internal debate between them and the JCrew x Chippewa pair that looks really similar and come in like a hundred bucks cheaper. Also debated between brown and rust (which I guess is more of a red-brown?).

But, ya know, after eyeballing the Wolvs for a year I finally just wanted them too much. Too much to look for sales and the like when Nordstrom's got them... right there. And to quote my best friend Aziz Ansari, sometimes you just need to treat yourself.

(I'm sure someone will PM me a deal for them for like $200 right after I post this...)

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                            Just made a big boy purchase at full retail on some Wolverine 1000 miles in brown (the standard style, not the wingtip) after weeks of internal debate between them and the JCrew x Chippewa pair that looks really similar and come in like a hundred bucks cheaper. Also debated between brown and rust (which I guess is more of a red-brown?).

But, ya know, after eyeballing the Wolvs for a year I finally just wanted them too much. Too much to look for sales and the like when Nordstrom's got them... right there. And to quote my best friend Aziz Ansari, sometimes you just need to treat yourself.

(I'm sure someone will PM me a deal for them for like $200 right after I post this...)
                            I know the feeling, playing the waiting/sale/coupon game can be tiresome when you just want what you want now!

Excellent choice, you're going to love them. Managed to get a new pair of the 1000 Mile Courtlands at an amazing discount and cannot wait for some lower temps to hit so I can break them out, it's like they're whispering to me from my closet, "Put me on, Put me on!" Though I'm still secretly stalking a pair of Alden Indy's, and I know that if I ever decide to purchase I'll more than likely have to pay full price. Some day...

Comment

I've been waiting for a sale to get the Brooks Brothers Red Wing Iron Ranger Boot. It is frustrating.

Here's a PSA for all readers though - supposedly Revolve Clothing offers a 30% discount for first-time purchasers on their website. Its not an advertised code, but works on everything, including shoes/boots (and yes, sorry DerekH, that includes 1000 Mile and Red Wing). I haven't tried it, but if you check over on styleforum, there's lots of discussion about it (especially related to buying 1000 Mile and Red Wing boots). In order to get the discount you have to contact Customer Service after making the purchase, and let them know you want to 30% off first-time discount.

Comment

The 30% discount does exclude some brands and Wolverine is one of those that you cannot get a discount.
                                Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                                I've been waiting for a sale to get the Brooks Brothers Red Wing Iron Ranger Boot. It is frustrating.

Here's a PSA for all readers though - supposedly Revolve Clothing offers a 30% discount for first-time purchasers on their website. Its not an advertised code, but works on everything, including shoes/boots (and yes, sorry DerekH, that includes 1000 Mile and Red Wing). I haven't tried it, but if you check over on styleforum, there's lots of discussion about it (especially related to buying 1000 Mile and Red Wing boots). In order to get the discount you have to contact Customer Service after making the purchase, and let them know you want to 30% off first-time discount.

Comment

Working...
                                X