Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      Bourbon mcallisters came In!
      looks extremely like my Stafford wingtips, lol

Comment

Good buy at $65??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Allen-E...vip=true&rt=nc

Comment

Got a pair of chinos and 3 button-ups from Gap Outlet for $40. (40% off clearance.)
          Ben

Comment

Went to my local Nordstrom Rack and found some Allen Edmond Big Surs for $70. Debating if I should keep them or not.

Looks just like http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ALLEN-ED...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
              Went to my local Nordstrom Rack and found some Allen Edmond Big Surs for $70. Debating if I should keep them or not.

I like them. For that price, I'd keep them.

Comment

Had a GAP Canada promo code for 40% ending tonight so I picked up a pair of jeans, a peacan colored cord blazer, and the new waxed cotton field jacket. Only had M or bigger for the jacket (think I may need a small), but it's new and hasn't hit stores yet and I can always exchange later.

Here is the jacket: http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/produ...&pid=603511013

Probably going to put in an order for CT shirts sometime before the $160 + free tie event ends.

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post

They've had a few pair of Big Surs at my local Rack for about a year now. They never seem to sell, and the prices just keep dropping on them. Last time I saw them they were $99, but they may be down to $70 there too - I should check. No wait - I should NOT check - trying to keep myself from buying stuff just because it's a deal. UGH! I may weaken and try these on again during lunch now, thanks to you. LOL

It seems like they fit me pretty similarly to my Florsheim Veblens - which is a good thing for my feet. However, the supposed sole issues were always in the back of mind while trying them on at the Rack. Thing is the Veblens take some breaking-in too, but they have turned out to be great shoes for the money (I paid $70 for those at the Rack too), in my mind. They also have the *somewhat* odd mix of suede uppers with hardy/bad-weather soles. That *can* be useful, but it can also seem a little odd for those who would want to wear them out in the sucky weather for the safety of the soles, but fear the elements with the suede uppers. Get me? Not sure even *I* do, but it's something to consider.

Anyway, IIRC the Big Sur got ripped by a number of folks for the sole not being comfortable at all. I might have the wrong shoe, but I'd suggest you check out the reviews on AE's site. They don't seem to keep negative reviews out of the listings at all, so I think you can trust some of what you see there. I say "some" only because often times you'll see one person say a certain shoe ran BIG on them, while another person says they run SMALL. Can't be both, right? LOL

One more thing: again IIRC, the Big Sur is built on the 1-last, which is the widest, most forgiving shoe for [email protected]$$ feet like mine. Still, that being the case, I have passed on the Big Sur, and have opted with some 2-last and 8-last (8-108) AE options. These are not as wide/or forgiving as the 1-last, but they do seem to fit me pretty well, compared to some of the more popular 5-last options.

I'd say, wear those around the house for a few/several days. You have what, 30 days for returns at the Rack? As long as they're not worn from pavement (or otherwise beat-down), they'll allow returns. If they feel good on your feet after those indoor wearings, I'd say keep 'em - that's a great price on an AE shoe, as long as *you* like them.
                  Last edited by yoyorobbo; September 18, 2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

My Eastland moc toes came in. Well, the 2nd pair actually. I originally ordered my standard size 9 and they were too small. Swapped them out for a 9.5 and they fit great. They are suprisingly sleek for moc toes.

They are part of their Made in Maine collection which means they're made by Rancourt. $179 for Rancourts is a great deal considering the hand-sewn stitches, etc.

Comment

I'm jealous of y'all finding Big Surs so cheap. There were a couple pairs that sat at Nordstrom Rack where I used to live. I thought they looked a little questionable in the box, but when I tried them on I was surprised at how nice they looked on the foot. I really wanted to buy them but at my store the price never dropped below $199. For $70 I would have snapped them up in a heartbeat.
                      Ben

Comment

Those are sexy Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          I'm jealous of y'all finding Big Surs so cheap. There were a couple pairs that sat at Nordstrom Rack where I used to live. I thought they looked a little questionable in the box, but when I tried them on I was surprised at how nice they looked on the foot. I really wanted to buy them but at my store the price never dropped below $199. For $70 I would have snapped them up in a heartbeat.
                          Might be worth a return trip, Ben. My local Rack used to have a few of the rust (or whatever) suede pair and a handful of the beige/sand suede pair too. Seems like the last time I was there they only had the beige suede left, but they still had a few in my size. The were originally $199, but were down to $99 last time I saw them. I'm going to try to check my shop to see if they're still around and at $70. Not sure I'll be able to walk away from them at *that* price.

Also, did you find them similar-fitting to your Florsheim Havilands? Seems to me they fit pretty closely to my Veblens. I'm wearing those today, so it'll be an easy comparison if I make it there today.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
                            Those are sexy Vicious
                            Yeah man, those look GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                              Yeah man, those look GREAT!
                              Yep!

Comment

Thanks guys. I know some might think they look too Walter White-ish but they are super comfy. I figure they'll be great with some jeans.

After seeing all of Fauxshows challenge pics, I ordered this J. Press Barracuda jacket for $116 last night. They only had it in a Medium but it looks like even that is out of stock now.
                                http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-press-...jacket/3477443

Comment

Working...
                                X