Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are those the same ones that someone noted were really shiny? Hope not. Otherwise Stafford footwear has served me well with the Camlin, Ashton, Ashford and Cutter. Great shoes/boots for the dough!

Comment

DAMN YOU JCP!!! And here I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing lunch today, thwarted again by my impulse to browse.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
        Are those the same ones that someone noted were really shiny? Hope not. Otherwise Stafford footwear has served me well with the Camlin, Ashton, Ashford and Cutter. Great shoes/boots for the dough!
        I saw them in store on Wednesday, and they are VERY shiny. Almost plastic-y. They just looked too cheap for my personal taste (sorry, Joe!).

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
          Thanks, Mr. Mailman!

Love, love, love it!!!!

Comment

My new Crown and Buckle strap just came in for my Orient Aviator. While I love their NATO straps, I can't endorse this one at all. It does have the vintage-y kind of worn in look I was going for, but the leather feels cheap and plastic-y. It's nowhere near as good as any of my Hirsch straps. I'll keep it on there for now but when time comes to replace it, I'll be getting the Hirsch Liberty that Yoyo went with. I went with the black face for my Aviator.

Comment

Thanks, tnjyoung! I'm really digging it so far.

Vicious, that C&B strap *looks* really sweet in your pics, man. But yeah, if it doesn't feel right, for sure not worth trying to talk yourself into it.

This Hirsch Liberty is really supple and to me certainly feels and looks worth the extra dough. I could see myself trying a couple others of theirs on a few of my other watches too. You like the Grand Duke, right? Any others you recommend? Seems like they have a nice looking rally type strap. I might look into that one.

Anyway, rock that Orient Flight man. It looks great in black with that lighter shade of brown strap.

Comment

I really like the look of the C&B strap. It's definitely the look I was going for. It just feels cheap and plasticy compared to the Hirsch straps. Yeah, the Grand Duke is very high quality. I only got it because the Duke was sold out in the color and size combo I wanted. I have a few other Hirsch straps but can't remember the specific names.

If you're going for a Rally strap, I really like this one. I had it on my VSA watch. I sold the watch but stil have the strap.
                http://www.fredawatchstraps.com/dmrallye.html

Comment

AE Dalton in Bourbon from the shoebank and the JcPenney Strafford boots in brown..

Comment

Snagged a pair of AE "Nathans" for $50!

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli222 View Post
                      AE Dalton in Bourbon from the shoebank and the JcPenney Strafford boots in brown..

Thanks for the side by side of these two. It's good to see the lighter brown Stafford's color compared to the Dalton's Bourbon color. Makes me wonder if these are last years boots that were brought out from the warehouses for the current season. I agree with the previous posts that the dark brown Stafford is a fail due to the plastic looking leather but the lighter brown, as seen here, isn't bad. I saw the lighter brown in the JCP by me this afternoon and was surprised at the lighter color option since the lighter brown doesn't appear to available on the web. Maybe one could add some depth to the lighter brown's color by giving it a light polish with black or even darker brown polish.
                      Last edited by ajk170; September 8, 2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

I ordered 2 pairs of dockers alpha khakis in their original slim fit. They are just a tad bit slimmer than I'd normally buy but these things are nice. I see why everyone raves about them.

Comment

Just got AE Vernon's in black and bourbon Mcallister on eBay for 247 combined

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            I ordered 2 pairs of dockers alpha khakis in their original slim fit. They are just a tad bit slimmer than I'd normally buy but these things are nice. I see why everyone raves about them.
                            Nice thick material, right? Almost denim-like. *Almost*. A year or so back I thought they were way too slim for me. I have three pair now. LOL - tastes can change, but so can waistlines.

Comment

Decided I needed another pair of boots for the fall and decided to go with the Clark's beeswax chukkas with the crepe soles. Pretty happy to have gotten them at Macy's for under $100 (as a result of creative discounts).

Comment

Snagged a couple of those Stafford Prep button-downs today while at JCP with the fam. They were clearanced down to $5. Sized-down to a MED and they seem to fit pretty decent. One's a light-blue micro-gingham-sorta-dealio and the other is a red/blue-patterned-thingamajig. Those are exact style names; pretty sure.

Anyway, decent beaters for thrift store prices. Plus they helped nudge our family total over the $50 mark, which entitled us to the $10 off'a $50 coupon; so I'm gonna go ahead and consider them "free!"

Might wanna check out the JCP clearance racks if you get the chance. YMMV.

Comment

Working...
                                X