This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fey View Post
    they were about usd 400, not a bad price! i didn't get lasted shoe trees though, and i don't know what shoe trees i want to use for them yet
    Nice! Sometimes you have to splurge.

I'm currently trying to decide on spending that much on either the C&J Tetbury in black (the shoe worn by Bond in the opening chase scene in Skyfall) or the JCrew Alden Indy's.

Comment

i'd go for the crockett and jones just because it aligns more with your recent euro shoe surge :P

Comment

Well, the wardrobe purchases have dwindled to the opportune sales. Since I recently decided I needed a herringbone for the upcoming seasons (ala Joe's recent plug for the JCF Thompson jackets), I'm glad I was paying attention to this past weekend's sales. I ended up with the JCF Thompson herringbone in brown. Glad I jumped on it when I did! http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...wn-herringbone

Comment

they were about usd 400, not a bad price! i didn't get lasted shoe trees though, and i don't know what shoe trees i want to use for them yet
          I sort of default to Woodlore Epics when I don't get lasted trees. My wife just grabbed a pair of Carminas on clearance, the last pair of these boots from Epaulet: http://epauletnewyork.com/products/p...skin-70mm-heel
          I'm jealous! I want some Carminas too!

Comment

I ordered the brown herringbone and charcoal tweed during the sale as well. Can't wait to see how they are when they arrive.

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
            Well, the wardrobe purchases have dwindled to the opportune sales. Since I recently decided I needed a herringbone for the upcoming seasons (ala Joe's recent plug for the JCF Thompson jackets), I'm glad I was paying attention to this past weekend's sales. I ended up with the JCF Thompson herringbone in brown. Glad I jumped on it when I did! http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...wn-herringbone

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
              I sort of default to Woodlore Epics when I don't get lasted trees. My wife just grabbed a pair of Carminas on clearance, the last pair of these boots from Epaulet: http://epauletnewyork.com/products/p...skin-70mm-heel
              I'm jealous! I want some Carminas too!
              i like them and its purple lining... carmina is calling for you!!

Comment

Just picked up this Herring/Loake suede single monks off eBay for $50. I've only worn them once, but I like them so far. Suede is in good shape, as are the outsoles. The buckle is a bit shinier than I'd like.

Comment

Thanks, Mr. Mailman!

Comment

Bruschetta where did you buy those pants (or trousers as you all say across the pond)?
                    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

i'd go for the crockett and jones just because it aligns more with your recent euro shoe surge :P
                      I saw some threads on styleforum about them and they seem a bit too sleek and elongated to be versatile enough to be worn with anything other than a suit.

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                      Thanks, Mr. Mailman!

Is that the blue face? Looks almost black. Sme of the reviews about the watch said that there was a sunburst type effect in the center of the dial but I don't see it on mine. I'm still waiting for my brown strap to arrive from crown and buckle.

Comment

Yeah, blue face. Looks darker probably due to the angle/lighting. Dunno. It's certainly blue in person. Perfect hue for what I was wanting. I'll upload a better pic. No sunburst that I can detect. Very flat dial, which I guess coincides with the original functionality of the flight design.

It wears a little larger than my other 42 mm watches, likely due to the thinner bezel and full utilization of face surface area. What I mean is my Rotary (Navitimer homage/impersonator) is 42 as well, but it has the white ring around the bezel on the dial surface, so the black inner face appears smaller. Make sense? LOL

Anyway, 42 is probably my max, with 40 a real sweet spot for my wrist. But I'm really diggin this one, these past 8 hrs or so since I unboxed it. The stock strap was nice and thick, and pliable, but I did not dig the outer-surface feel and look. Glad to put the Hirsch Liberty on it instead. Nice medium brown that should jive nicely with many casual looks. Hope you get your C&B strap soon, and it works out well for you too.

Got a feeling I'm gonna wear the crap outta this one. We'll see... So far so good!

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                          Bruschetta where did you buy those pants (or trousers as you all say across the pond)?
                          They're from Charles Tyrwhitt. They're the brushed canvas pants. The quality and fit of their pants varies tremendously. I created a thread a while back sharing my experiences with their various cuts, fabrics, etc. My advice would be to stay away unless you can try them on in person or return without paying for return shipping.

I ordered two pairs in 34x38" (unfinished) and they arrived measuring 33x30.5".

Comment

New guy here, I'll be picking these up tomorrow

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/shoes...317013283M.tif

This years Camlins, girl said they're lighter in person

Let me know your first aesthetic impressions!

Cheers

Comment

Wow- those are the return of the long awaited Stafford Kent wingtip boots- although they look a bit darker than their predecessor. If you use some creative discounts- they can be had for a little over $60 ($50 if you have the rewards program). You'll have to give some pics to show how much lighter they are. Hopefully a walnut shade. Strangely, one must query all men's shoes to see the item on the jcp website. It isn't shown under a boot query or a men's dress shoe query- only under all. You need to let us know on the sizing too. I thought I read that they ran rather large in the past.
                              Last edited by ajk170; September 6, 2013, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I had they did, I missed the last model, which I've been diligently searching for the last few days, which led me to these talking to the clerk there yesterday. Still want those but excited to see these! Hope to post them tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
                                X