X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Those Church's shoes look great.

Unfortunately those whole cut shoes I just got aren't as comfortable as I had hoped so they're going right back on Ebay. Guess the Last just didn't suit my foot.
    Vicious, your other shoes are much better looking than those ugly wholecuts. I didn't say anything when you first posted a picture, but it's good that you're getting rid of them.

Comment

Great Church's Mitch. Vicious, glad you're getting rid of those wholecuts. Didn't like them much at all.

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to give them a try. I like experimenting with different stuff. If something is ugly, feel free to say so. I'm not very sensitive so it won't hurt my feelings.
        Last edited by Vicious49; August 13, 2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Some new kicks: Adidas Spezials in dark blue with light blue stripes. I know they're not really Dappered worthy but I love these things. I feel just like James Bond in the Skyfall workout scenes.

Comment

Bought some clothes in Asia today and DAMN stuff is expensive here. Bought 2 average Japanese button downs (No COMME des GARÇONS or Yamamoto stuff) and some blue shorts and total still came out to $120 after 50% off. Only reason I even buy clothes here is the thin material (California is very hot) and fit (US stuff usually not trim enough or too long). Only upside is you can get really good food for really cheap prices.

P.S Also, got a pair of custom dress pants commissioned today! I got to pick out the fabric and everything... for a grand total of $83 dollars, labor is so cheap here I'll keep you guys posted when I pick it up in a week.
            Last edited by aqwayne93; August 16, 2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

are you in japan? they have an awesome bespoke shoe industry, though that'll set you back at least a half grand

Comment

On the horizon: A Jansport back pack in viking red. Pretty soon, with my circa 2000 Raleigh 9-speed, my Adidas Spezials, and my retro looking Jansport back pack, I'm going to look like I stepped right out of my student days in the 70s.

Minus the hair.

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                  are you in japan? they have an awesome bespoke shoe industry, though that'll set you back at least a half grand
                  Taiwan, so we do have some Jap brands here, not sure about shoes... US brands are really expensive here and so are cars. A VW GTI will set you back 80K ish USD and I don't even know how people buy S classes. ( no one leases, Asians always buy if not with cash)

Comment

Shirt and blazer from Massimo Dutti arrived yesterday but they're going back. The shirt is a cotton/linen blend and for a M it actually fits perfectly (high armholes, trim waist) for my frame, which is pretty rare OTR. But the material just doesn't feel that good and it's a little see-through. Highly recommend that people try out MD shirts though, they're worth a shot w/ the free ship and returns. As for the blazer, I had to size up to a 40R because that was the smallest available (I normally take 38R) but I'm not very happy with the material on this either. Obviously the jacket is fused, even w/ a retail price of close to $400. I think that it might have been a keeper at 38R because the shoulders do slope instead of sticking right out like many American brands, but they're a bit large. Ultimately as I said the wool/cotton blend just didn't feel that good. It felt rigid instead of soft, and I didn't think it would look good after repeated wear (bought this to be a workhorse blazer). It's also chopped in the length, as expected for a European fashion-brand. Other details for people considering an MD purchase: Buttons were a dark pearlescent blue plastic, which was a nice touch. Nonfunctional cuffs!! Lapels weren't as narrow as I worried they would be, actually seemed normal.

Placed an order for seven dress shirts from Yoox yesterday, a variety of brands (mostly cotton but some linen) to wear in clinic/work settings. Average price is around $33 and based on reviews I've seen on SF the brands are great values at this price (brands include Mastai Ferretti, Borsa, and then one or two shirts that I found nothing on but decided to take a gamble with). Pics of the shirts and perhaps a detailed review if I have time when they arrive.

If anyone wants pics of the MD shirt/jacket I can take them before packing it all up.

Comment

Regarding Massimo Dutti jackets, be careful because some DO have functioning buttons on the cuff. I came close to buying a DB sportcoat in navy that fit like a glove except was a bit long in the sleeves, which had functioning buttons. It was a great price (don't recall exact amount as it was in EUR, but under $100), but I'm still on the fence regarding a DB jacket, and the sleeves were the deal-breaker.

Go ahead and post some pics if you don't mind though!

Comment

Picked these up off Ebay for $100. They're made by Crockett and Jones for Ralph Lauren. They are a 3 eyelet derby but they seem sleeker and dressier to me than most of my balmorals. I know I can't pull these off with jeans but do you think these would work with chinos?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          They're made by Crockett and Jones for Ralph Lauren.
                          Those look great! Do you know what last they are on? Not complete, but here are a few of them:

I almost went for Sargent's version when it was on sale at AFPOS: http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/co...lusive-pimlico

Comment

I'm not sure but I think it's very similar to the Highbury. Ill have to google what last that is when I get back home.

Comment

Highbury is on the 348. Your shoe looks really similar to the Highbury but doesn't look like the 348 to me from the pics. Just curious.

Comment

I really cant tell just by looking at pics like those you posted since many of them seem very similar to me. There are numbers written inside the shoes, but they are all around 6-8 digits long.

1 thing i did notice upon getting these is that it has a fiddled waist or whatever the correct term is. The soles have a curvature to them.

Ive worn them most of the day so far and they are very comfortable. No pressure being put on my toes at all. This makes me really want the Tetbury now.

Comment

Working...
                                X