This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    LOL! I've gotten some amazing deals there though. One of the best was maybe 8 years ago when I got a $2K Dolce & Gabbana charcoal cashmere overcoat for $300, but they always have Hickey Freeman SCs for $300, Robert Talbott pocket squares for $10, etc. Pretty solid deals on shirts and ties too, but they don't carry a lot of my current faves (Drakes, Cappelli, E. Marinella, etc.) Cheap source of CK underwear too.
    Fair points -- my style tends away from a vast majority of the brands they carry (save HF and the like), so it makes trips there less likely to end with a nice pickup. Mostly just headaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

I change my mind a lot. I've recently sold about 5 pairs of shoes while acquiring 3 other pairs so its actually not that many. I'd have to count to be sure but I think it's between 10-12 if you don't include anything sneaker-like. Ill have to take some pics of the collection once these new ones come in. Even I have trouble keeping track of hat I actually have at the moment.
      Ha, OK, I was picturing dozens of shoes, didn't realize you were moving some out at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
        Ha, OK, I was picturing dozens of shoes
        Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Comment

• Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
          Fair points -- my style tends away from a vast majority of the brands they carry (save HF and the like), so it makes trips there less likely to end with a nice pickup. Mostly just headaches.
          Yeah, you gotta wade through a lot of downright weird items ("mesh t-shirt? Not today, thanks") to find the gems, but when you find them it's pretty great. Even so, I haven't been to the downtown one in years because of the crowds. Dear god, the crowds...I think I still have ptsd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shomas View Post
            Yeah, you gotta wade through a lot of downright weird items ("mesh t-shirt? Not today, thanks") to find the gems, but when you find them it's pretty great. Even so, I haven't been to the downtown one in years because of the crowds. Dear god, the crowds...I think I still have ptsd.
            The downtown one has all sorts of odd brands I've never heard of and stuff that I would never ever wear (and some I would propose no one should wear). There's always a zillion European tourists using the advantageous exchange rate to stock up on European brands. Chaos! The UWS one is a little more civilized and has the more mainstream stuff like Hickey Freeman, but the downtown one gets the $2K cashmere coats for $300.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
              Ha, OK, I was picturing dozens of shoes, didn't realize you were moving some out at the same time.
              I have 8 at the moment in my closet including my Sperry boat shoes. But I have another 3 in the other room waiting to be sold and 3 that I'm waiting on to arrive. So that would be 11 pairs total once everything is said and done.

I sold my AE Park Aves when I got the AS Armfields and sold the AE Malverns when I got the Loake Kemptons. I'm basically just replacing stuff. It still costs me money but I recoup some of the costs with the sales of the older shoes.

Comment

• Purchased a couple pairs of AE shoes recently (separately, not during the 2 for $250 closeout sale). Really into the snuff suede look...should work nicely heading into the fall.

'Amok'

AE for Ralph Lauren 'Stratford'

Comment

• Got all these for 30 bucks!

Comment

• @JHEyerman - great job on the multiple PS!

trying out Massimo Dutti:

http://www.massimodutti.com/webapp/w...OTTON%2BBLAZER
                    - Sized up to a 40 based on what I've heard about the fit. Wool/cotton blend in Navy. The regular price is really high, so I'm hoping the quality is nice on it. The jacket is a bit short but so is my torso. If it works, could become a staple for me. I have a navy Eddie Bauer blazer in wool but the shoulders are a bit traditional and there's no way to dress it down IMO.

Also, this shirt was on sale in my size, has a bit of linen in it. Looks work-friendly: http://www.massimodutti.com/webapp/w...TRIPED%2BSHIRT

Best part is free shipping and returns

Comment

• These came in 2 days ago. They were already pretty clean, but after doing some AcousticFoodie refurbishing magic . . .

Comment

• I took advantage of H&M's online sale and bought a gray sweater for $8. The other sale items I wanted are out of stock in my size.
                        Product image:
                        Last edited by Shetenonu; August 12, 2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• These arrived for me today. They are a wedding gift from my wife. Ordered them weeks ago but only came in store yesterday.

Church's
                          Diplomat - Walnut

Comment

• So my Bonobos order came in. Those yellow oxleys. Totally see-through.... Definitely returning them. They aren't "hugging" at all and you can easily see the pockets and your underwear depending on the color.
                            The green champlains are nice.
                            Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

• Originally posted by mitch buchannon View Post
                              These arrived for me today. They are a wedding gift from my wife. Ordered them weeks ago but only came in store yesterday.

Church's
                              Diplomat - Walnut
                              Mitch, these look fantastic. Congratulations vis-Ă -vis the wedding!

Comment

• Those Church's shoes look great.

Unfortunately those whole cut shoes I just got aren't as comfortable as I had hoped so they're going right back on Ebay. Guess the Last just didn't suit my foot.

Comment

Working...
                                X