Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duvel, I agree that there is a different feel to material between the JC/JCF shirts. I own a few and you can feel the difference between the materials (and detail features that you mentioned). I also agree that they fit the same, I laid them over(JC vs. JCF) and they are cut the same.
    That said, JCF ones still do not feel cheap, and when bought at their 50% everything sales, they represent good value.

Comment

Originally posted by ncfranklin View Post
      The recent $55 wool Ludlow jacket was a deal too good to be true. Despite ordering a 40R, a 40L arrived at my door. Quite irritated with J Crew.
      Weird, I had the similar thing happed to me: ordered 484 chinos in "salt"( off-white), and I received slim-straight denim in rinsed wheat? On top of that, bag was labeled as 484's.
      Did I get somebody's return? On top of it all, I checked the jeans and they are not even on sale:
      http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/d...4685/94685.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
        I'm in nearly the exact position you were pre-Saddleback purchase. My Victorinox nylon bag has been a trooper for years (since 2L back in summer of 08), but I was thinking come bonus season I may be using the 'disposable' portion (I always tag some for fun--last spring went toward some custom suits and a Tahoe trip--and the rest for loans) to go toward a Saddleback and another suit or two.

Random aside -- lit or transactional? your office looks sadly similar to mine.
        Ha! Lit. And it's especially bad because I'm in all out trial prep mode. That ain't the half of it. I'm lucky if I can find a path in and out most days.

Comment

Got some news shoes from the AE 2 for 250!
          I've had my eyes on the loafers for months!

Comment

I got a pair of Santoni loafers at the nordsrtom sale. they look stunning. Not sure if I will keep them

Comment

Got these wholecuts off Ebay yesterday.

Comment

Bonobos finally got me. I'd resisted until today, but I put in for a pair of yellow slim oxleys and "green" chambray pants (as well as the cheapest polo offered).
                I had bought a pair of their travel jeans from Nordstrom but had to return them because the waist was too big and they didn't have any left in the next size down. I'm hoping the slim pants are more true to size. All the talk about how nice the oxleys were got to me. I couldn't do blue though since I have more than enough blue pants as is. The shirt purchase was purely to see if they make shirts that fit me well and the orange and blue stripes seem like they do well enough with blue jeans or khakis.

*sigh, I thought I was done with clothing purchases for a while. After my crazy clothing update over eight months (November - June) I thought I'd be able to resist any further purchases. Back to that mindset then, haha. I've got motorcycle stuff that's crying to be updated/replaced since my "new" stuff got ruined in my wreck back in April and I've been using my original helmet and glove purchases. Spending needs to be prioritized....
                Last edited by Xeones25; August 6, 2013, 12:20 PM.
                Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Originally posted by Xeones25 View Post
                  Bonobos finally got me. I'd resisted until today, but I put in for a pair of yellow slim oxleys and "green" chambray pants (as well as the cheapest polo offered).
                  I had bought a pair of their travel jeans from Nordstrom but had to return them because the waist was too big and they didn't have any left in the next size down. I'm hoping the slim pants are more true to size. All the talk about how nice the oxleys were got to me. I couldn't do blue though since I have more than enough blue pants as is. The shirt purchase was purely to see if they make shirts that fit me well and the orange and blue stripes seem like they do well enough with blue jeans or khakis.
                  Bonobos got me too this time around (although not the first time and not the last, haha). The khaki Fairfield suit for a cool $151.20? YES PLEASE!
                  6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Those look incredibly nice, good find.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      If you don't mind satisfying my curiosity... How many pairs of shoes do you own? It seems like you have pictures of at least one new pair every month... If not more.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                        Those look incredibly nice, good find.
                        Thanks. I got them for $70 shipped. Tey should be decent quality and they seem to have been well taken care of. They are made by Grenson for Tim Little. I've heard of Grenson but not the Tim Little brand before.

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                        If you don't mind satisfying my curiosity... How many pairs of shoes do you own? It seems like you have pictures of at least one new pair every month... If not more.
                        I change my mind a lot. I've recently sold about 5 pairs of shoes while acquiring 3 other pairs so its actually not that many. I'd have to count to be sure but I think it's between 10-12 if you don't include anything sneaker-like. Ill have to take some pics of the collection once these new ones come in. Even I have trouble keeping track of hat I actually have at the moment.
                        Last edited by Vicious49; August 7, 2013, 01:19 AM.

Comment

century21 can be a fun store... additional 75% off stuff already discounted 60%? why not!

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                            century21 can be a fun store...
                            Love C21! The downtown store is always an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                              Love C21! The downtown store is always an adventure!

That's a nice way of putting it, ha. I went once and it was enough for me... I'm sure I'm missing out on some deals, but there was so much junk (B&T and other style that I wouldn't wear, odd sizing, etc.) that was so picked over and so many people that it stressed me out just thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                                That's a nice way of putting it, ha. I went once and it was enough for me... I'm sure I'm missing out on some deals, but there was so much junk (B&T and other style that I wouldn't wear, odd sizing, etc.) that was so picked over and so many people that it stressed me out just thinking about it.
                                LOL! I've gotten some amazing deals there though. One of the best was maybe 8 years ago when I got a $2K Dolce & Gabbana charcoal cashmere overcoat for $300, but they always have Hickey Freeman SCs for $300, Robert Talbott pocket squares for $10, etc. Pretty solid deals on shirts and ties too, but they don't carry a lot of my current faves (Drakes, Cappelli, E. Marinella, etc.) Cheap source of CK underwear too.

Comment

Working...
                                X