Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped by Nordstrom Rack after class. Picked up a pair of low-top Chuck's in grey, a pair of Penguin shorts and a Lacoste canvas/leather belt. It is unseasonably warm in Chicago, hitting mid-70s, so I'm getting my summer wardrobe ready. I've never worn anything other than a leather belt, so I thought I'd try to add some color there.

Comment

• Totino - Lots of patterned shirts would work, especially with white as a base in the pattern. From there, a light tint of virtually any color would pair well with those pants.

Comment

• I broke my Lenten retail abstinence... again. At Target... again.

I realized that I don't own a casual-but-still-presentable lightweight spring jacket so I figured Target would be a safe place to check, from a price perspective. All I found in the men's section were some Merona harrington jackets that were cut pretty boxy.

I happened to swing by the boys' section and noticed some simple cotton jackets. They're in a loose, lightweight weave, almost like linen. One of the benefits of being on the small side of a men's size small is that a boy's size XL or XXL is often workable, so I picked one up in navy.

Oh, I also bought a nice shoe rack because my shoes were just in a messy pile at the floor of my closet. I had tried one of those door-hanging cloth kinds of shoe organizers for a while, but it made it impossible to shut my door without an awful screeching noise. Quite frankly it looked like garbage, too - it did not make my shoes look more organized, anyway. Picked up the rack from Costco: $25, bamboo and metal, easy to set up, and doesn't look like crappy dorm furniture. It only holds 9 shoes (which is less than I own) but it at least gives a home to the ones I wear most often. Most of my other shoes are just activity-oriented, anyway (running shoes, pac boots, sandals, etc.).

Ben

Comment

• I threw a cheap snipe bid on this... can't believe I won it for so cheap:

Canali tuxedo, 40R, Loro Piana Super 120's

Really needed a pair of sunglasses since my raybans are broken, so I got these for a decent price:

Persol 2270

Comment

• New to purchasing sportcoats from Ebay. How'd I do?

Canali 40R

Comment

• Nice. Canali doesn't get the love it deserves on eBay.

Comment

• *sigh* I bought this on SF and it came today... It's really an amazing lightly structured silk / cotton coat, but too big. I'm debating seeing how much it would cost to have it tailored down some, but that'll probably be as much or more than I paid for it.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/291953/zegna-silkskin-blazer-in-silk-cotton-patch-pockets-twin-vent-made-in-switzerland-c-44-offers-welcome

If someone is around a 43-44 and wants it I'll pass it along at cost.

Comment

• I just picked this nice cotton jacket at jackthreads.com for $50. I'm really happy with it. I'm going to Target tomorrow to pick up that Merona harrington jacket and i'll be set for spring/summer.

Comment

• Comment

• @brokenbones: Whoo hoo! Another target blazer lover!

Comment

• LL Bean Canvas (Harrington) Jacket in Dark Khaki. Supposed to arrive sometime this week.

Comment

• Just picked up http://www.timex.com/Timex-Weekender-Slip-Thru/dp/B006K6DB0Y?ie=UTF8&id=Timex%20Weekender%20Slip%20T hru&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&field_availability=-1&field_browse=2224433011&searchSize=12&searchNode ID=2224433011&searchPage=1&class=quickView&refinem entHistory=watch_movement_type%2Csize_code%2Cband_ material_type%2Cdial_color%2Cprice&searchRank=sale srank

@ target for 35 bucks. I like the white face and the strap should get some good use with summer approaching

Comment

• @Acoustic - I don't think that was a Target blazer from brokenbones....

Comment

• Just bought this BB slim fit polo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160764703558...#ht_829wt_1187

Comment

• I just pulled the trigger on a couple CT shirts. Blue Poplin French Cuff and White Poplin Singl Cuff. Got the Navy Pin Dot for free. Thanks Dappered Forum for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X