Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Was able to pick up my first pair of AEs at the Nordstrom Sale (Black Park Aves), really love em so far...this will probably lead to me purchasing a lot more smh

    Comment


      Picked up Black Park Aves and Walnut Strands today, and my jeans on Gustin got fully funded. Will post pics of Strands+jeans when they come in.

      Comment


        studying for the bar, shopping my feelings: http://www.rocknjocks.com/oakland-a-...w-era-hat.aspx

        Comment


          I need to buy a nice brown dress belt (is Narrangaset (sp?) good?) Instead I bought the following:
          http://www.yoox.com/us/44490965MI/it...65KG&sizeId=10 in cocoa
          and
          http://www.yoox.com/us/44516644WV/it...6644WV&sizeId= (but in khaki, got the last pair; it was only $95)

          May return one or both but I needed a few pairs of casual shoes. Will be putting my Florsheim Kearny suede bucks up for sale for $45-50 (good condition) soon, keep your eyes peeled!

          Comment


            i received my dark chocolate daltons from allen edmonds today and i'm surprised how much i love them. i mean we all love the walnut dalton, but the dark chocolate (for me) blows it out of the water. since i have both, i thought i'd share some more side-by-side photos. the photos in the dappered front page article does the chocolate no justice:





            I've seen a lot of people here say the chocolate is too dark, but in my opinion the walnut is too loud. this darker brown is a great color. as a side note, the walnut dalton from nordstrom is not as well made as my dark chocolate pair. the latter was a MTO, so it might have had more care in being made. all in all, the MTO dark chocolate dalton was worth the additional week of time before delivery and i'll probably ditch the walnut pair.



            god damn

            Comment


              [IMG][/IMG]

              As posted in the Friday Blue's challenge:
              Just got the knit sweater ($20!) and Coach Messenger ($70!)
              Quite happy with both

              Comment


                Baseball cap from Ebbets Field on its way. Summertime... .

                Comment


                  I've often been tempted to buy one of their Bismarck Churchills hats. My mom was born and raised in Bismarck, ND....
                  Ben

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by fey View Post
                    I've seen a lot of people here say the chocolate is too dark, but in my opinion the walnut is too loud.
                    I have the chocolate as well. Couldn't agree more. The walnut probably goes over best with the folks on 8th avenue south of 23rd street if you know what I mean.

                    Walnut =

                    Comment


                      Bought this polo from jcrew during their ongoing sale. My first purchase from their actual site, and I think it fits perfectly. Slowly but surely I'm rounding out my polo collection, particularly with two additional polos I am awaiting from Banana Republic.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by fey View Post
                        i received my dark chocolate daltons from allen edmonds today and i'm surprised how much i love them. i mean we all love the walnut dalton, but the dark chocolate (for me) blows it out of the water. since i have both, i thought i'd share some more side-by-side photos. the photos in the dappered front page article does the chocolate no justice:





                        I've seen a lot of people here say the chocolate is too dark, but in my opinion the walnut is too loud. this darker brown is a great color. as a side note, the walnut dalton from nordstrom is not as well made as my dark chocolate pair. the latter was a MTO, so it might have had more care in being made. all in all, the MTO dark chocolate dalton was worth the additional week of time before delivery and i'll probably ditch the walnut pair.



                        god damn
                        I'm dying of envy!
                        Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

                        Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

                        Comment


                          Got this off ebay for about $8. Needed a madras shirt for summer. I really like the colors on this one and it fits great:

                          Comment


                            I have a kind of weird question and there's no specific place to post it, so I'll just ask here. I recently purchased some more shoe trees from Jos a bank, and when they arrived all the boxes (not the outer box, but the inner box that says "aromatic ceder shoe trees") were covered in weird splotches, like they had been drizzled with water or some other liquid at some point. They aren't wet to the touch anymore, but the stains are still there. The shoe trees themselves seem to be in normal condition. Anyone else have this happen to them?

                            Comment


                              I had that happen too.. but don't have an answer for you as to why it happened.

                              Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                              I have a kind of weird question and there's no specific place to post it, so I'll just ask here. I recently purchased some more shoe trees from Jos a bank, and when they arrived all the boxes (not the outer box, but the inner box that says "aromatic ceder shoe trees") were covered in weird splotches, like they had been drizzled with water or some other liquid at some point. They aren't wet to the touch anymore, but the stains are still there. The shoe trees themselves seem to be in normal condition. Anyone else have this happen to them?

                              Comment


                                I'm admittedly a J. Crew retail-only snob, i.e., not really liking the JCF. But today, on a whim, we found ourselves in an outlet mall, and on another whim, inside a J. Crew Factory store. I found several things I actually liked, including three that went that went home with me--the pink chambray work shirt, a light-blue short-sleeved t-shirt, and a long-sleeved blue t-shirt. The t-shirts fit great! I tried on a cotton/cashmere crewneck sweater that was just so-so--not bad, not fall-in-love-with great either.

                                The chambray shirt, while not quite up to par with the regular retail version, is very nice for the price, especially the way it fits.

                                Hmm... .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X