Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Haha whoa...save some of that love for these boots . IMO, they are about as legit as you can get as far as boots go. I don't have any experience with Wolverine 1000 Mile offerings, but I've heard the Red Wings might be a bit better in quality. I think I paid like $260 for mine, so getting these for $200 is a great price.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
      I've had my pair of RW Beckmans going on 3yrs now and I love them. I wear them all through late fall and winter and they've held up great. I've been especially impressed with the durability of the soles as they hardly show much wear. I think they are a nice blend of rugged toughness and casual stylishness. Should be perfect for what you're looking for.
      Do these fit TTS or did you have to size down .5? I'm a 9 in almost all the shoes/boots I own but have read people saying that these run a bit big.

      Comment


        Got the Park Ave and McAllister, both in black. Had the shoes fitted in person, and they're amazing. Shoe trees were on sale, so also got one for each pair.

        Comment


          Do these fit TTS or did you have to size down .5? I'm a 9 in almost all the shoes/boots I own but have read people saying that these run a bit big.
          I typically only wear them with thicker socks so I have them in my regular size. I probably could've sized down a half, but they actually run a bit narrow in the instep part of the foot. The toe box is pretty wide compared to the heel and instep. I've heard people complain about how bulbous the toe seems, but this doesn't really bother me...it's a boot, not a sleek dress shoe. So, if you're a D/E width and plan on wearing thicker socks, I'd say stick with your normal size. If not, then size down a half. Hope this helps.

          Comment


            Had to get these

            Jordan + Elephant print will always have a place in my heart.

            Comment


              REALLY tempted by multiple Nordstrom Anniversary Sale items (Joseph Abboud wool blazer, RW Beckman boots, AE McAllisters) but am going to hold off this year due to family finances (wife out of job) and the fact that I don't NEED any of these pieces right now. Sigh...there's always next year, I guess.

              Comment


                Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                That's surprising and really awesome.

                Let me know what you think on the Beckman boots -- they look perfect for what I want (something you can wear out in decent NYC fall/winter weather, but also not so nice (e.g., Daltons) that you'd feel bad wearing them in snow) so I hope they work out.
                I did try them on in the store earlier today. I decided to pass on them. The toe is really bulbous looking and neither myself nor the wife liked the shape of the shoe. The tongue is attached most of the way up which makes getting your foot in to the shoe a bit of a pain. I'm guessing that would get easier once the shoes are broken in some. I usually wear a 9 in almost everything but an 8.5 fit me pretty well (I was wearing midweight socks) except for the fact that I was getting some heel slippage in them. Combining those 3 negative factors made it an easy pass for me.

                On a sidenote, had I liked them, I still wasn't going to buy them in-store because I must have gotten the worst salesman Nordstrom employs. The guy handed me the shoes and didn't lace either of them up. I had to sit there and lace both up before putting them on. He just stood there talking to other employees or texting on his phone. Once I finally got both shoes on and walked around a bit and was done, the guy was nowhere to be found. So I just left them on the chair and walked away.

                The wife found a pair of work heels she really liked so she got a pair of shoes while I didn't. The travesty!!
                Last edited by Vicious49; July 19, 2013, 05:44 PM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
                  Had to get these

                  Jordan + Elephant print will always have a place in my heart.
                  I'd have a real hard time classifying those as J's.

                  Comment


                    Just ordered two Bonobos shorts, 9 inch blue chino shorts and 9 inch greenish chambray. Going a more colorful route since my only non-cargo shorts are either khaki or dark gray, anyone have any thoughts on my choices?

                    Comment


                      there's always another sale. always.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        I did try them on in the store earlier today. I decided to pass on them. The toe is really bulbous looking and neither myself nor the wife liked the shape of the shoe. The tongue is attached most of the way up which makes getting your foot in to the shoe a bit of a pain. I'm guessing that would get easier once the shoes are broken in some. I usually wear a 9 in almost everything but an 8.5 fit me pretty well (I was wearing midweight socks) except for the fact that I was getting some heel slippage in them. Combining those 3 negative factors made it an easy pass for me.
                        I had a similar experience with the Beckman boots (but not the sale associate) and decided to go with a different Anniversary Sale boot. I normally wear a US 13D and I had to go a half size down. The toe is pretty much a work boot toe and I already have a pair of Red Wing 4473s and Red Wing 2218s if I wanted that look. The full length tongue is a carry over from the work boot line and unless you're going to be up to your ankles, it's not really needed and takes some time to break in.

                        Regards,
                        Vic
                        "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

                        Comment


                          i went to a popular brunch spot this morning and was met with a 2 hour wait time. just 2 doors down was a bespoke clothier called "michael andrews" who happened to have a sample sale that happened to start in 15 minutes. i didn't know anything about them but decided to check it out. i was probably the 15th person in line and when i got in i went straight for shirting. ended up grabbing a few as they fit well and felt of nice material for $15 each.



                          also got ties on the cheap and a free hanger that was of high quality.

                          i later saw why the cloth felt so nice:



                          all of them were thomas mason shirting! awesome deals and got an awesome brunch as well. nyc is too good to me sometimes

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                            Just ordered two Bonobos shorts, 9 inch blue chino shorts and 9 inch greenish chambray. Going a more colorful route since my only non-cargo shorts are either khaki or dark gray, anyone have any thoughts on my choices?
                            I like the choices, just keep in mind to keep your tops more muted in colour and pattern (plain grey, white, navy etc.). In other words, let the shorts do the work.
                            Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

                            Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by fey View Post
                              i went to a popular brunch spot this morning and was met with a 2 hour wait time. just 2 doors down was a bespoke clothier called "michael andrews" who happened to have a sample sale that happened to start in 15 minutes. i didn't know anything about them but decided to check it out. i was probably the 15th person in line and when i got in i went straight for shirting. ended up grabbing a few as they fit well and felt of nice material for $15 each.



                              also got ties on the cheap and a free hanger that was of high quality.

                              i later saw why the cloth felt so nice:



                              all of them were thomas mason shirting! awesome deals and got an awesome brunch as well. nyc is too good to me sometimes
                              Nice! Saw that sale over on The Style Blogger
                              Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

                              Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Manny De La Cruz View Post
                                I like the choices, just keep in mind to keep your tops more muted in colour and pattern (plain grey, white, navy etc.). In other words, let the shorts do the work.
                                Thanks! And yeah, I'm aware of that... Which may prove problematic for me, as most of my tops are either in shades of blue or in fairly bold colors. Gonna have to pick up some more neutral things, but on the whole I think I'm satisfied with that. I want to be able to have a lot of variety.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X