Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get the sale price from AE on the chocolate daltons?

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
      Just received my walnut Dalton's from the nordstrom anniversary sale. $260 is a great price for these things. I also ordered a dark chocolate from AE themselves, and I just might keep both!

i know we all know what they look like, but why not
      Absolutely sick! Love those boots.

I'm partial to the pants cuffed as well.
      Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by yoondaddy View Post
        Did you get the sale price from AE on the chocolate daltons?
        Yea, I got AE to price match on the day the nordstrom sale started. I couldn't wait for the chocolate one
        Last edited by fey; July 17, 2013, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny De La Cruz View Post
          Absolutely sick! Love those boots.

I'm partial to the pants cuffed as well.
          I'm kind of surprised how baggy they make my jeans look. They are 511's! Now I'm thinking of grabbing a 510 to see how they'd go with these boots, but I'm kind of scared of myself trying to squeeze into them

Comment

So after Joe's article that included the Massimo Dutti summer sale, I checked out the website and ended up buying a pair of suede tassel loafers (or as described on their website Suede Moccasin With Tassels). I bought Size 10 and they were on clearance for $94.90 (from $198, I believe). I received them today and thought I'd give my review of them here. If anyone could recommend a better thread to post this to, please let me know - I'm still learning...

Having had no prior experience with Massimo Dutti, and there being minimal reviews online I was a bit wary about my purchase. I was encouraged by Joe's positive review of the Zara suede monk strap, as Massimo Dutti is supposedly Zara's luxury cousin. Overall, I'm very impressed with the quality. The suede is very nice, the construction seem good, and they are welted (not sure if its blake or bologna, as no stitching is visible inside the shoe), and they fit well (true to size).

Comment

I would say they were a bit darker in person than they appeared on the website. They are listed as "grey" but pics online appear almost brown - and in real life they are more of a taupe color. I actually really like the color. I was also pleasantly surprised with the detailing of the packaging - not that it really has anything to do with the quality of the shoe itself. Here are some pics:

and taken with flash:

I'd say the color is more accurately described as a combination of the pics take with and without flash. As you can see they also came with a single branded shoe bag.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the quality and value of these Massimo Dutti shoes (for under $100). I look forward to wearing them, and if these shoes are an accurate reflection of the brand, I will definitely be checking out their other items in the future.

P.S. - these were the last size 10 available, and I believe they are sold out of all sizes in this model/color. However, their New Season section shows a similar shoe in blue suede for $175 (it looks very nice). I'm still in the market for a nice, cheaper brown leather loafer, If anyone has any suggestions!

Comment

@Jamie - Thanks for the review. I really like the look of those loafers. I have been wanting a pair of tassel loafers for awhile and those look exactly like what I'm looking for. They kind of remind me of the AE suede Graysons that Lands End was selling not too long ago. Those seem like a great deal at $95.

Comment

Zara itself also overdoes the packaging. I ordered a db blazer for giggles and it arrived like it was a Hermes bag. Boxes, tissued wrapped, stickers and thank you letters. The quality of blazer itself was a joke, so maybe they should have spent more money on the product instead...

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                    I'm kind of surprised how baggy they make my jeans look. They are 511's! Now I'm thinking of grabbing a 510 to see how they'd go with these boots, but I'm kind of scared of myself trying to squeeze into them
                    Give it a shot. Although I think the jeans from the pic you provided seem to fit well, but I would have to see the full shot to be sure.

When buying jeans one of the most important things to take into consideration is that they WILL stretch out a certain degree. I've made the mistake in the past buying jeans that fit really well in store, only to have them be too loose after a few wears.
                    Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Okay, feel free to ignore me, as this is mainly so that I guilt myself into not buying anything for a while... but this week was a bit of a splurge. You'll notice a linen trend with JCrew/Bonobos, which I blame on the heatwave heat-stroking NYC right now. The shoes are all on me... all items on sale though, so it's like I'm SAVING money, right?

JCrew final sale (extra 30% off):

Tall irish linen shirt in thin stripe ($ 42)
                      http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_si...~~~~/12538.jsp

Tall Indian cotton shirt in faded twilight ($ 42)
                      http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_si...~~~~/31029.jsp

--------------

Bonobos (extra 25% off sale items):

Breezeways - Cotton/Linen blend pants in both faded red and navy (~$74 each, but I had $70 in credit to use)

One pair of these are likely to go back... maybe.
                      Last edited by hornsup84; July 19, 2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

And to continue, now the pain to today's splurges...

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (!!!!):

Red Wing 'Beckman' Boot in Cigar ($200)

Allen Edmonds 'McAllister' Oxford in Black ($230)

Allen Edmonds 'Manistee' Brogue Leather Belt ($77)

Nordstrom Cedar Shoe Tree ($15)
                        ... no picture for this.

Comment

I love Nordstrom. I bought 3 Calibrate trim fit shirts from there last year and the sleeves were a bit short on them but I was too lazy to ever swap them out. I gave their customer service a call this morning and they swapped all 3 shirts out for me for the correct size - a year later since this was during last years anniversary sale.

Heading in to the store in a bit to purchase the Nordstrom trim fit dress shirt in white and maybe the light blue as well. Also going to check out these Red Wing Beckman boots while I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            I love Nordstrom. I bought 3 Calibrate trim fit shirts from there last year and the sleeves were a bit short on them but I was too lazy to ever swap them out. I gave their customer service a call this morning and they swapped all 3 shirts out for me for the correct size - a year later since this was during last years anniversary sale.

Heading in to the store in a bit to purchase the Nordstrom trim fit dress shirt in white and maybe the light blue as well. Also going to check out these Red Wing Beckman boots while I'm there.
                            That's surprising and really awesome.

Let me know what you think on the Beckman boots -- they look perfect for what I want (something you can wear out in decent NYC fall/winter weather, but also not so nice (e.g., Daltons) that you'd feel bad wearing them in snow) so I hope they work out.

Comment

Let me know what you think on the Beckman boots -- they look perfect for what I want (something you can wear out in decent NYC fall/winter weather, but also not so nice (e.g., Daltons) that you'd feel bad wearing them in snow) so I hope they work out.
                              I've had my pair of RW Beckmans going on 3yrs now and I love them. I wear them all through late fall and winter and they've held up great. I've been especially impressed with the durability of the soles as they hardly show much wear. I think they are a nice blend of rugged toughness and casual stylishness. Should be perfect for what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
                                I've had my pair of RW Beckmans going on 3yrs now and I love them. I wear them all through late fall and winter and they've held up great. I've been especially impressed with the durability of the soles as they hardly show much wear. I think they are a nice blend of rugged toughness and casual stylishness. Should be perfect for what you're looking for.
                                I don't know you, but I think I love you... for saying this. They're my first foray into legit boots (outside of the ski variety; not counting chukkas/desert boots), so I'm antsy to get them in person and try them out. Obviously not wearing them anytime soon with the heatwave, but still excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X