Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vicious, Loake is not the greatest representation of British shoes. That being said, the Kempton gets a lot of attention on Styleforum.

Los, Loake makes a model of suede chukkas called Pimlico that is on a sleeker last.

Comment

Thanks bruschetta, I'll look into that when I'm itching to replace my Malverns. Although I've recently seen some suede Carmina chukkas and fallen in love. Can't remember where I saw them though.

Also I've decided to return that sweet plaid linen blazer I got from BR a week back for $84. It's great but I'd rather use that money to buy some dress shirts. Won't be wearing jackets much for the next few years and I've got several already. Makes me sad to put it back but I think it's best that I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        Saw a tip on PTO for these and I couldn't resist them at 50% off. Figure I'll keep these and sell of my AE snuff suede Malverns if these fit me better.
        http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/suede-chukka.html

Those are some sick boots. If I didn't already have a couple pair of desert boots I would consider them.
        Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
          Another in-store pick-up from the current JCrew sale... My local store had a number of the navy ludlow blazers in Italian wool (the ones Joe listed at #1 in his blue blazer hierarchy). They were marked down to $200, and with the additional 40% off, I was able to snag one for $120. Pretty excited about the deal!
          Wow, that's amazing. Where was this store, and was there a decent size selection? I've not seen this on the sale rack in either of the two local J.Crew stores I've visited recently... But I'd love to get that jacket - and for such a great price!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
            Wow, that's amazing. Where was this store, and was there a decent size selection? I've not seen this on the sale rack in either of the two local J.Crew stores I've visited recently... But I'd love to get that jacket - and for such a great price!
            This was the Kenwood Towne Center store in A suburb of Cincinnati Ohio. I would say they had somewhere between 6-10 on their sale rack. They were the single vent version, if that make a difference to you. The sizes were all over the place from what I remember seeing in store. Might be worth a call over there in case they have the extra 40% off still running!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
              Which ones do you go to? I've never seen much at the Reston town center or Tysons locations. Usually mens clearance is 1 tiny rack. Although I haven't visited Tysons since they've opened a separate store just for men a few months back.

Comment

Vicious, I typically hit up the Pentagon City location and one of the locations downtown (not convenient if you don't work in the city). I actually tend to find better deals at the downtown location, but Pentagon City often has larger sale selection. As usual, its hit-or-miss.

The new Men's Store in Tysons is the pits...

Comment

I didn't realize Pentagon City had a JCrew location there. That's disappointing about the new Tysons mens shop.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                    Well- can't speak on the Wayfarers, but the Clubmasters there's a subtle difference- the arm length isn't as long or thick- the front looks very near identical. I do make an assumption based on the clubmasters that the wayfarers have similar differences.

Plus- the stigma is pretty great about made in China. If a person spends money on Italian sunglasses, the expectation is they're made in Italy. If I buy a Swiss watch, I expect it to be made in Switzerland- regardless of where I buy it. If Omega were to license a company in China to make the same thing and stamp it "Made in China" I think (I maybe wrong) many would say it's less than the Swiss counterpart ... I argue it's the same with sunglasses but to a lesser extent - unfortunately sunglasses are more accepted.
                    I don't have a picture right now but they were made in Italy, so I was happy.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                      This was the Kenwood Towne Center store in A suburb of Cincinnati Ohio. I would say they had somewhere between 6-10 on their sale rack. They were the single vent version, if that make a difference to you. The sizes were all over the place from what I remember seeing in store. Might be worth a call over there in case they have the extra 40% off still running!
                      I called the store. They did not have my size but the lady agreed to find one and ship it to me for about $120. I gave her my address and payment info. I haven't got the confirmation email yet, but she said that those may take upto 24 hrs to be sent.
                      Hope this works.

Comment

My AE Chili McAllisters arrived today! Can't wait to wear them somewhere!

http://i.imgur.com/3XpDfbT.jpg?1

Comment

Lyonstate has a few things on deep discount right now. For some reason, I really loved the aesthetic of these shoes, so I had to bite. They just came in and they are going to be a really nice casual piece. Quite happy with them!

http://www.lyonstate.com/collections...udwing-wingtip

Comment

Originally posted by JThomp View Post
                            My AE Chili McAllisters arrived today! Can't wait to wear them somewhere!

http://i.imgur.com/3XpDfbT.jpg?1
                            Very nice! I have a pair of Regent Streets (Long wing bluchers) in chili and they look great with dark navy jeans. What do you plan to wear the McAllisters with?

-Vic
                            "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
                              Very nice! I have a pair of Regent Streets (Long wing bluchers) in chili and they look great with dark navy jeans. What do you plan to wear the McAllisters with?

-Vic
                              Jeans now and then. Probably try them with my grey and charcoal pants. Looking for some navy pants, but haven't found any I like yet.

Comment

Just received my walnut Dalton's from the nordstrom anniversary sale. $260 is a great price for these things. I also ordered a dark chocolate from AE themselves, and I just might keep both!

i know we all know what they look like, but why not
                                Last edited by fey; July 16, 2013, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X