Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you got a good deal on those. The soles are minimally worn and the uppers look to be in good shape.

As for the fit, I'm not sure.

Comment

IMO you're in the money 88 bucks for the shoes, at least, from wear.

the only thing i REALLY care about is the inside of the shoe. the soles look fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
        Bought some AE Park Avenues from ebay's Hitch-n-Post, for about $88. Tell me I didn't get ripped off? Picture 1 and Picture 2, but the pictures on the ebay listing showed the soles with a lot less wear. Thoughts?

Also, where are my toes supposed to be on a well fitting Park Avenue? Because the assistant at Nordstrom assured me that this was my size, but my toe only reaches to about the middle of the captoe, which seems incorrect to me.
        Not sure about the fit, but I think you got a totally reasonable deal on the shoes - especially if you have a common size.

Comment

Thanks for the really quick responses, guys! It's very reassuring to hear that this is a good price for them. They're a 10D, so definitely a common size, and I think I might have to make the journey to Nordstrom or an AE store again and see if I can't fit into a 9.5.

Here's a picture of what the inside of the shoe looks like. The other one is comparable. So not dirty or too worn looking, but I can definitely see the indentation from the previous wearer.

Comment

If you have other AE's, it should be the same size. I've found the Park Aves run TTS.

Comment

I had a pair of Chesters, also in a size 10, and I think they fit me properly... But I ended up selling them so I can't compare the two now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                I had purchased that same shirt from JCrew Factory online. I didn't realize it had that weird collar until I received it in the mail. I ended up returning it because that extra flappy piece just seemed out of place to me.
                wearing it now. flap isn't that big a deal, once the initial "ooh... what's that?!" goes away. i love the shirt in every other facet, so i'm not gonna let a little detail bog me down.

Comment

I picked up a Billy Reid Campbell suit during at the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale For Men.

Picture of it on its (temporary) hanger:

Picture of its label and lining:

I'm rather happy with its build and fit and not much tailoring was required (hemming, sewing the buttons, a little taking in of the back).

Thoughts,
                  Vic
                  "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Vic, honestly can't tell the color of the jacket from the pic but if it's a black pinstripe, I wouldn't have purchased it because that just seems really hard to find a reason to wear. if it's a navy pinstripe, maybe more easy to find a time to wear... but still not my thing, to be honest. Though I'm sure the details on it are phenomenal. If you like it, good pick up because Billy Reid stuff is supposed to be excellent!

Comment

It is a navy pinstripe and I must admit that the color balance isn't the best in that photo. It's not as versatile as a solid navy or charcoal suit (which it's complimenting), but I have a slight aversion to wearing solid navy suits.

Thanks for the feedback,
                      Vic
                      "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                        Another in-store pick-up from the current JCrew sale... My local store had a number of the navy ludlow blazers in Italian wool (the ones Joe listed at #1 in his blue blazer hierarchy). They were marked down to $200, and with the additional 40% off, I was able to snag one for $120. Pretty excited about the deal!
                        Hey, would you please help me out by posting the style number or perhaps even a picture of the tag? Thanks!

Comment

Saw a tip on PTO for these and I couldn't resist them at 50% off. Figure I'll keep these and sell of my AE snuff suede Malverns if these fit me better.
                          http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/suede-chukka.html

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            Saw a tip on PTO for these and I couldn't resist them at 50% off. Figure I'll keep these and sell of my AE snuff suede Malverns if these fit me better.
                            http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/suede-chukka.html

Thumbs up!

Comment

They look nice Vicious, and hopefully look a bit less like potatoes on the feet (which is how I feel my suede Malverns look, at times). I'd spring for them as well if I hadn't paid only $100 for the Malvern I've heard that many Loake shoes are not as durable as AEs but YMMV. Here's a tiny bit more info on the shoes for anyone interested: http://thisfits.me/post/14944957056/...etail-for-over

Comment

The Malverns pinch me just a bit on the side of my pinky toes so I'm hoping these are a bit wider. Besides that, I love the look of the Malverns. I like them so much that I have them in the brown pebble grain and the snuff suede.

Plus I want to see what the hype is all about with some of these British shoe brands.

Comment

Working...
                                X