Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just purchased this for $84 in a local BR. Thoughts? Not sure if I'm keeping it: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=409754002 Don't wear my blazers nearly as much as I'd like and the fact that it's lined is annoying, but the price isn't bad and I really like the pattern. Might see how much local tailors will charge me to remove the back lining.
    Last edited by LosRockets; July 4, 2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
      Just purchased this for $84 in a local BR. Thoughts? Not sure if I'm keeping it: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=409754002 Don't wear my blazers nearly as much as I'd like and the fact that it's lined is annoying, but the price isn't bad and I really like the pattern. Might see how much local tailors will charge me to remove the back lining.
      LosRockets, I like the blazer, especially at that price. I've been tempted by patterns like that before, but was never sure how much I would actually wear such a bold jacket. Hopefully you can rock it!

I just bought two coloured chinos from GAP, dark green and purple. A somewhat risky choice, but they were on sale for only $17 each. I'm hoping they'll both be fairly dark and not too bold. What do you guys think? Useful wardrobe addition or once-a-month novelty pants?

Last edited by Baradon; July 5, 2013, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Los, nice jacket. I would even rock those with shorts and some bucks. Nice pattern.
        Baradon, it really depends on the top. A white shirt, darker or neutral hue will complement the pants, and you'll get more use than as novelty wear.

Picked up some vintage sports tees for me and the GF

Junk Food's having a 4th sale and their tees are real comfortable. Plus hoping for some good Rockets mojo Friday.
        Last edited by RiveDroit; July 5, 2013, 01:14 AM.

Comment

@RiveDroit: If you still live in Houston, the Rice Village BR is where I picked it up; they've got quite a few jackets marked lower than online prices. Love that Rox tee, is Junk Food's a local store or something online?

@Baradon: I do like those pants, they're not terribly bright and can be worn more than once a month, especially when you wear them the way described above. Great for fall/winter IMO. If that was more of an olive green color I'd pick up a pair myself!

Comment

Junk Food is a T-shirt line, usually you can find at dept stores and occasionally at Marshall's, Ross, etc. Here is the post on SD on the sale and the stackable codes.

Thanks for the heads up, I may stop by the Village this weekend.

Comment

@Baradon: I have the dark green pair of livid in slim chinos from the gap, and they are my most comfortable pairs of chinos and the color actually goes with a lot, as for the purple chinos take a look back to the WIWT thread last year with the lec plum chinos which are a similar color just maybe a shade lighter.
              twitter: @adg_ca
              instagram: @adg_ca

Comment

Originally posted by Baradon View Post
                LosRockets, I like the blazer, especially at that price. I've been tempted by patterns like that before, but was never sure how much I would actually wear such a bold jacket. Hopefully you can rock it!

I just bought two coloured chinos from GAP, dark green and purple. A somewhat risky choice, but they were on sale for only $17 each. I'm hoping they'll both be fairly dark and not too bold. What do you guys think? Useful wardrobe addition or once-a-month novelty pants?

I have those exact green pants and they surprisingly can function quite neutral. I have found more use for them in the fall/winter paired with sweaters (particularly a chunky cream shawl collar sweater I have). I also wear them with white washed button down or white polos, with a lighter brown belt and loafers.

I considered getting the purple as well, but had a tough time thinking of the ensemble I would create with them. I am a huge fan of these particular cuts from Gap, I also got a pair of navy and brick red.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbreaker View Post
                  I have those exact green pants and they surprisingly can function quite neutral. I have found more use for them in the fall/winter paired with sweaters (particularly a chunky cream shawl collar sweater I have). I also wear them with white washed button down or white polos, with a lighter brown belt and loafers.

I considered getting the purple as well, but had a tough time thinking of the ensemble I would create with them. I am a huge fan of these particular cuts from Gap, I also got a pair of navy and brick red.
                  Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have some lighter blue, white, or grey shirts that should work with both coloured pants. The green seems like a more versatile match (good to hear Starbreaker has found some good combos). I'm less sure about the purple, but am excited to see the colour in person. Could look good with even just a plain grey t-shirt on weekends.

Comment

Baradon, I love both of those colors--you've given me inspiration to give them a try.

I found a Lanificio F.lli Cerruti/Banana Republic suit on eBay for $96! I have the same suit jacket now (thanks, Goodwill!) and it's the best fit I've ever had off the rack. Since I'll have two, time to try changing the dark buttons for a tortoise shell and make it a casual blazer.

Comment

Picked up this indigo slub jersey polo from Jcrew:

I first tried it on at a brick and mortar store and they were selling it for $98.

Picked it up online in the recent sale for $38.

Much more reasonable
                      Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Another in-store pick-up from the current JCrew sale... My local store had a number of the navy ludlow blazers in Italian wool (the ones Joe listed at #1 in his blue blazer hierarchy). They were marked down to $200, and with the additional 40% off, I was able to snag one for $120. Pretty excited about the deal!

Comment

Snagged a pair of Loake Bedales from the Orvis outlet in Conway. Marked down from 375 to 199 and 20 percent off that price.

They still have a pair of Loake brogue bluchers in store in UK 7.5.

Comment

just picked up a j.crew red chambray utility shirt off ebay, but i'm unsure how to wear the flappy collar. do i just let it hang out? it buttons across the top of the shirt, but i'm not going to wear it buttoned all the way up.

Comment

I had purchased that same shirt from JCrew Factory online. I didn't realize it had that weird collar until I received it in the mail. I ended up returning it because that extra flappy piece just seemed out of place to me.

Comment

Bought some AE Park Avenues from ebay's Hitch-n-Post, for about $88. Tell me I didn't get ripped off? Picture 1 and Picture 2, but the pictures on the ebay listing showed the soles with a lot less wear. Thoughts?

Also, where are my toes supposed to be on a well fitting Park Avenue? Because the assistant at Nordstrom assured me that this was my size, but my toe only reaches to about the middle of the captoe, which seems incorrect to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X