Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim fit chino in "acorn". These are nice. The fabric is really soft and comfortable, definitely a step up from my usual JCP chinos. They're a little darker (even a bit more olive) than I anticipated, but I still like them. They're on the dressier end for chinos, with a tab closure, slanted pockets, and a mid-rise. The fit was spot on for me. Slim, but not as slim as denim.

Slim textured tie. This is the "grenadine". I really like the weave of the silk, but it really is narrow, almost too narrow to tie a good knot.

Comment

Tailored slim fit linen pants. I really like the fabric on these. The weave seems breathable and the texture is great. The leg opening is a bit bigger than I would like (8" on a 31/30), but the sharp creases help belie that.

Tipped textured polo. This is one of their luxe touch polos, but it feels much different than the ones I saw in store last week. The fabric is super smooth without feeling fake. I finally sized down to an XS, and the fit is much better.

Comment

Textured chest stripe polo. This one is a bit lighter and has very subtle woven stripes. The collar is nice and tall and the placket is deep. I really like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
          Slim fit chino in "acorn". These are nice. The fabric is really soft and comfortable, definitely a step up from my usual JCP chinos. They're a little darker (even a bit more olive) than I anticipated, but I still like them. They're on the dressier end for chinos, with a tab closure, slanted pockets, and a mid-rise. The fit was spot on for me. Slim, but not as slim as denim.

Slim textured tie. This is the "grenadine". I really like the weave of the silk, but it really is narrow, almost too narrow to tie a good knot.

What's the leg opening measurement for the chinos (assuming you got 31x30)?

I like the texture of the tie. Wish it came in navy.

Comment

Heads-up for those looking for a decent swimwear option this year. I just *procured* (returned a gifted shirt for store credit) a new H&M swimsuit that I feel hits every detail I was looking for. I *think*. LOL

Here's a close-up shot of it (sorry for the crotchiness of the pic - but it's tough to do this without crotchiness, I guess):

And here's my WIWT post featuring it's maiden voayge today:
            http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...l=1#post121479

It was $25 in-store, but like I said FREE for me with the return/store credit deal. They had some cheaper ones (and some more expensive ones), but this one was the one for me.

Comment

my first real fail from the allen edmonds shoebank... and i was looking forward to these too

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
                That's a slick looking briefcase. I'm in the market for one myself. How soft is the leather?
                The leather is soft and pretty supple. The matte finish rings, zippers and fasteners are sturdy and have heft. My only minor quibble is that the strap attaches at the midpoint, so when you lift up the bag, there isn't always a natural tendency to go right side up, not sure if I explained it that well. I just may remove the shoulder strap altogether and use the handles. First world problems, I know. But I am very happy with it.

@ bjmcgeever, nice haul there! Jeans look solid. I wanted to pick up some more items, but I ordered late at night, oftentimes they correct their site and nothing goes through.
                Last edited by RiveDroit; June 28, 2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                  Tailored slim fit linen pants. I really like the fabric on these. The weave seems breathable and the texture is great. The leg opening is a bit bigger than I would like (8" on a 31/30), but the sharp creases help belie that.

Tipped textured polo. This is one of their luxe touch polos, but it feels much different than the ones I saw in store last week. The fabric is super smooth without feeling fake. I finally sized down to an XS, and the fit is much better.

I'm really digging that polo. I've never purchased a Polo from BR before but I might have to give it a shot.
                  Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                    my first real fail from the allen edmonds shoebank... and i was looking forward to these too

fey, that's completely unacceptable, even for seconds. It's a shame that AE let those out the door.

Comment

Yea i was kind of stunned because I inspected the other shoe first and it was fine, only to see this gouging, but hopefully the exchange has a positive outcome

Comment

So having fallin in love with Dockers alphas I ended up with three more pairs. But standing at the tailors today I realized that even these 32x30s need a tad hemmed up - and I'm 5'10"! I also found a nice BR Mad Med cardigan in the clearance rack. I also picked up a couple pairs of the JCrew Corgi socks- nice patterns and colors but a bit of a splurge for socks! And though not a new purchase I finally got my modified EF503 today from New England Watch Works (NEWW)- Duarte did an amazing job on the entire thing. The replacement clasp from Amazon is spot in looks and is extremely comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                          And though not a new purchase I finally got my modified EF503 today from New England Watch Works (NEWW)- Duarte did an amazing job on the entire thing. The replacement clasp from Amazon is spot in looks and is extremely comfortable.
                          Pics or it didn't happen.
                          Ben

Comment

Sperry canvas boat shoes just arrived today, ordered from Mr. Porter for a very steep discount. A size 9 while I usually wear 9.5, but I think they fit! I'll wait till tomorrow to make the final call, but I'm pretty happy. Between these and some other casual shoes I ordered recently, I should be fully covered on that front, leaving just dress shoes as the dire hole in my wardrobe. And chukkas, but I don't count those as a necessity.

Comment

Finally bought a pair of New Wayfarers that Joe is always talking about. For $66 shipped I finally decided to splurge. I've only ever worn cheap sunglasses before so I'm looking forward to the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by dash41 View Post

... For $66 shipped I finally decided to splurge...
                                That's a steal of price if they are stamped "Made in Italy". I gambled with Amazon on these same ones bot for $20 more several months ago and scored so I rolled the dice again on the Clubmasters and got skunked. They're a great look!

Comment

Working...
                                X