Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Saturdays Surf NYC Curtis boardshorts in bold yellow on the way!

It seems impossible to find a nice pair of swim trunks in a real store these days. So I went online for these. They remind me a lot of the Hang Ten yellow board shorts I bought at a men's store in the mid-1970s, back when you could find real quality clothing in such places.

Comment

Not a clothing item, but...

New 2013 Golf in Blue Graphite Metallic. My first brand new car.

Comment

I felt like I robbed nordstrom rack. I was always intrigued with the Big Sur for a casual jeans show but I wasn't going to pay over 100$ for them. 99.90? yeah sure but not over 100.
        So I wasn't looking for a split toe but at that price I snatched them up. They might be that price because they were an E width which I am for sizes 9.5/10. They look dressy to me, but not formal. Also they are in the chili color which I don't have. So do I treat them like burgundy? Navy, grey, and khaki colored pants?

Side note: THere needs to be an Allen Edmonds show your shoe collection because mine are starting to accumulate. I am at 11 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by dash41 View Post

I was able to pick up the J Crew Unconstructed Ludlow Sport Coat for only $48! Normally $168, it was marked down to $90. Then with the 25% off sale items as well as the 30% off all items it went down to that ridiculous price. I wasn't even thinking about getting a khaki blazer but I knew I couldn't pass it up for that cheap. Now what to wear it with.
          Was it at the outlet or regular store?

Comment

Originally posted by mixto View Post
            Was it at the outlet or regular store?
            It was at the regular store. Awesome deal. Nice to get a Ludlow blazer for Target prices. I wish they had the navy discounted as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dash41 View Post

I was able to pick up the J Crew Unconstructed Ludlow Sport Coat for only $48! Normally $168, it was marked down to $90. Then with the 25% off sale items as well as the 30% off all items it went down to that ridiculous price. I wasn't even thinking about getting a khaki blazer but I knew I couldn't pass it up for that cheap. Now what to wear it with.
              I got the same deal! Also got a broke in T for 7$. The blazer was absolutely a steal.

Edit: wear dark wash jeans with it.

Comment

Items from last week's BR double dip sale arrived today: leather briefcase, thin cardigan, chunky shawl sweater

Nice shade of tannish brown. Lots of room (enough for a MBP, iPad, a magazine, folders), compartments, freestanding. Having handles is nice too.

Comment

From the BR double dip so far I've decided to keep 3 boxers, 3 pairs of socks, a short sleeve button down shirt, and a belt for myself and 2 cardigans and a pair of sunglasses for the wife. I still am waiting on 1 mad men cardigan to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    From the BR double dip so far I've decided to keep 3 boxers, 3 pairs of socks.
                    I'm actually pretty pleased with the boxers and socks I received. Socks are thicker than I imagined they would be, and the boxers aren't hugely long.

Comment

I'm feeling so much buyer's guilt right now... Over the last few days I bought 3 pairs of shoes, 2 shirts, and 3 polos. Spent probably $250ish on all of that, which is probably good... But still pains me. Fortunately most of it has free returns if I end up disliking the items once they start coming in. But with any luck I've picked up some staples for my new wardrobe.

Comment

Originally posted by gargao View Post
                        I felt like I robbed nordstrom rack. I was always intrigued with the Big Sur for a casual jeans show but I wasn't going to pay over 100$ for them. 99.90? yeah sure but not over 100.
                        So I wasn't looking for a split toe but at that price I snatched them up. They might be that price because they were an E width which I am for sizes 9.5/10. They look dressy to me, but not formal. Also they are in the chili color which I don't have. So do I treat them like burgundy? Navy, grey, and khaki colored pants?

Side note: THere needs to be an Allen Edmonds show your shoe collection because mine are starting to accumulate. I am at 11 so far.
                        Very nicely done. Yes, you can wear chili basically like burgundy. I think I have 6 pairs of AE's, but I forget off the top of my head. I've gone on a shoe fast, though. It hurts to see all these great grabs and none of them are mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                          Moar shooz:

Oak Streets (50% off from HW Carter & Sons), C&J boots (Barney's sale), C&J drivers (NYC C&J sample sale)
                          Damn, Fred. You don't fool around. We're all playing in the sand box and you're in the big leagues. :-P The Oak Streets are particularly snappy even though the boots are probably the most expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                            The Oak Streets are particularly snappy
                            Thanks, they are! My first pair of Oak Streets and they are great shoes. Probably won't be my last pair. That 50% off flash sale code was too much for me to resist. All the advice to size down 1/2 a size was right on.

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
                              Items from last week's BR double dip sale arrived today: leather briefcase, thin cardigan, chunky shawl sweater

Nice shade of tannish brown. Lots of room (enough for a MBP, iPad, a magazine, folders), compartments, freestanding. Having handles is nice too.
                              That's a slick looking briefcase. I'm in the market for one myself. How soft is the leather?
                              Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Just got my haul from last week's BR code snafu sale.

Premium slim straight selvage denim. The fit is pretty slim, which is good for me. They're not quite as tapered through the calf as my LEC 608s; the rise is a touch higher too. The denim is really stiff and rigid and has an inky blue color. Stitching is dark grey instead of contrast yellow, but that's not a biggie. I'm still deciding whether to keep these or not. I don't know much about selvage, so I've got no clue how these compare to "real" selvage.

Comment

Working...
                                X