Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd, can you post some photos of your Kinsey boat shoes? I bought some last fall in the brown leather but returned them because they were too squeaky and looked off in person. If you like the suede and they look good, I may give them a second look.

Also, got a bunch of collar stays from QualityStays on Amazon today. 200 for like $10. Good deal IMO.

Comment

@LosRockets - I'll try and get some up tomorrow when I can get some sunlight. I have truly atrocious lighting in my apartment.

Comment

Todd - I picked up the Austin boat chukkas as well in slate from the Inlet store. Very comfortable. My first boat shoe/chukka, and I like the wearability and the versatility that it goes with.

I sized down and wear them without socks, and I feel like my toes are sometimes hanging out over the soles, but after the first day of wearing them, they felt like a familiar old pair of shoes.

Comment

I found these yesterday at JC Penney for $30:

They're made by Bass. They have rubber soles, but they're full-grain leather, they're in a versatile color, and I didn't own a pair of brown loafers so they fill a niche... And did I mention they were $30? They're relatively dark, but not as dark as the picture seems to indicate.

Comment

Just ordered the LL Bean Casco boat shoes in canyon to be my beater summer shoes.

Use code: DUC0136 to get $10 off, plus you get a $10 gift card with a purchase over $50 (and with tax these came to $50.96)

Comment

Looks like Banana Republic just got a spring lineup of cloth belts. I'll definitely be looking to pick one (or two) once I can get my hands on a 40% coupon/sale. I hear there's a 50% off sale going on now, but it's only for card members.

@JC: Absolutely nothing wrong with having beater shoes. I think they serve a very real purpose.

Comment

Got my banana republic shirt in the mail today. The XS slim fit fits perfectly, but the color is a little limp and the fabric kinda sucks. But at half off, I ain't mad.

Also picked up a pack of 10 magnets at Harbor Freight for $1 and 26 assorted size metal collar stays off ebay for $8. 5 pairs of DIY Wurkin Stiffs for $9. Not bad.

Comment

How much are the BR cloth belts?

Comment

JC, they're $40 across the board.

Comment

The Kinsey Boat shoes (close up, the color in the second image is truer):

The three LEC shoes I purchased, plus the Sperry Top-Sider Cloud Logo Boat Oxford Wing Tip Shoe (This is a truer color of the Kinsey's from above):

Comment

I got my first of two shipments of the gap tailored ticket-pocket blazer today. I got the 38s, the 40s in still on its way.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=551627&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=fals e&sdReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fsa %3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3Dgap%2520ticket%2520pocket%26s ource%3Dweb%26cd%3D1%26ved%3D0CCcQFjAA%26url%3Dhtt p%253A%252F%252Fwww.gap.com%252Fproducts%252Ftailo red-ticket-pocket-blazer-P551627.jsp%26ei%3DD1xiT9SQOaf9sQLB48ikDA%26usg%3D AFQjCNEqlANrpVJy3fhRUxDf5wjhRNsUhg

First off, this one does fit smaller than the black poly one i tried on in the store. The shoulders are about right, but the chest is too small. Another issue, though, is the length. From the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the vent along the back, the jacket only measures 27 inches! That is a whole inch shorter than my current shortest jacket. Hopefully the 40s is at least a half-inch longer, or it might not work either.

I like the jacket, though.

Comment

Todd - that's a good selection of casual footwear. I should work on mine!

I'd suggest experimenting with different ways of lacing them - just for fun.

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/

Comment

Thanks NC. I'm currently a student and only wear dress shoes once a week for lab, so I get way more use out of casual shoes. I need to start getting a few dressier pairs for my rotations this summer though.

Comment

I go a pair of denim washed khakis from the gap... Crystal blue dusk.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=78278&vid=1&pid=621326&scid=6213260 92

I can't seem to match it properly with any tops I own... Any recommendations? Looking for something casual

Comment

@totino. Can't go wrong with a white button down

Comment

Working...
                                X