• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filson Briefcase Computer Bag - Otter Green
    Hudson Sutler Mackinac Commuter - Blue/White
    Smathers & Branson American Flag Key Fob
    Filson Leather & Twill Outfitter Wallet - Otter Green
    Onward Reserve Tumbler

used the visa/gilt city deal to get the above. pretty pumped for all of it. a nice leather wallet, a decent weekend bag, and then the filson 257 bag that I anticipate bringing to work every day. it's a little casual for a law firm, but whatever.

the key fob and the tumbler are just filler to get me as close to 500 (498) as I could.

Comment

I finally decided to place a Meermin shoe order. I picked up the Brown Double Monks and the Brown Oxfords (links below). I know that there has been a lot of interest/trepidation about the ordering process (in Euros, no US presence) so I plan to do a write-up review on the shoes and the whole ordering process once I get the shoes. Right off the bat one thing that they do differently is not ask for your payment info when you place the order. They will send you a Pay Pal link once your order is ready to ship. I have high hopes for these shoes and can't wait to get them.

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2034

Comment

good luck! i'm a part of a styleforum group MTO with meermin, for the one's pictured here: http://putthison.com/post/5172982062...g-and-meermins

pretty pricey for a first purchase with meermin. very anxious about it...

Comment

Just received the Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald in Navy from Rue La La's sale, as described here: http://putthison.com/post/5231347338...suit-rue-la-la

Looks great so far. It's full canvas, so it's probably Golden Fleece. Taking it to the tailor today to see what he thinks of it.
          Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
            good luck! i'm a part of a styleforum group MTO with meermin, for the one's pictured here: http://putthison.com/post/5172982062...g-and-meermins

pretty pricey for a first purchase with meermin. very anxious about it...
            Love that museum calf!

Comment

Strolled into the mall to return some stuff, and swung by the GAP to check out the fit on that khaki canvas jacket that BenR has rocked (I've been eyeing it for months!) I spot it, and there's a sign for 40% off all jackets! SWEET! It was a sign to pull the trigger...then this happens at the register: http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2503dd18.jpg

...and it fits like a glove! http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6f33b1ff.jpg

Comment

Pulled the trigger on these brown and blue Topsiders.

I'm hoping the blue sole doesn't look too gimmicky on the foot. They are at least bound to be more subtle than the similar, neon-colored version.
                Ben

Comment

I think the sole looks good, that shade of blue is subdued enough to not come off as too "Trendy" to wear a year from now and you could always swap out the laces to tone it down a notch if you wanted.

Comment

Soooo lets see. I needed a replacement for my 514's, but didn't want to spend even the $40 on a new pair right now. I had noticed a very similar looking wash in Levi's lower end "Signature" line in Walmart, but hadn't looked very close. Today I went and checked 'em out, and in the "slim straight" cut they are nearly identical to the 514 tumbled rigid. Here's a pic of the two, 514 on the right:

Slightly lighter weight denim and slightly darker for the signatures. The look of the denim and the fit is basically identical, I just went down a couple inches in the waist. And half the price at $20. Not bad for now!

Thrifted a navy blazer at the GW today. Brand marked as "Stanely Blacker", no size but fits like a 40r. Shoulders are perfect, arms will need to be lengthened a tad, maybe taken in a bit in the waist, and gold buttons will be changed out. It's lightweight with a little texture and has only the partial upper shoulder lining. Well worth $10 to get tailored and should be a nice warm weather option.

I've had a navy colored hole in my pants lineup, and that's being filled by some JCF navy Bedfords on the way. Recently ebay'd a pair of linen Bedfords that fit quite well, so they were an easy choice for the navy cotton pair.

Also filling in some holes in (my own version of) the "dress shirt hierarchy", some new and some replacements that fit. Ordered a gingham spread collar from JCF, picked up a fitted "ecru" point collar from Arrow, and a light blue button down collar in the Merona Ultimate.

Ebay'd some AE Weybridge wholecuts in black:

Overall I'm going for a version of the lean wardrobe. And getting pretty darn close, I'd say.

Comment

@Andrewlcraft: Awesome work and great finds. Hope to see a pic of you wearing the blazer once you get it nipped and tucked.
                      @BenR: Not sure about the blue sole --> I think maybe changing the laces, as suggested, may make them look better. But if that's what you're looking for then great find. Def better than the neon alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
                        Soooo lets see. I needed a replacement for my 514's, but didn't want to spend even the $40 on a new pair right now. I had noticed a very similar looking wash in Levi's lower end "Signature" line in Walmart, but hadn't looked very close. Today I went and checked 'em out, and in the "slim straight" cut they are nearly identical to the 514 tumbled rigid. Here's a pic of the two, 514 on the right:

Slightly lighter weight denim and slightly darker for the signatures. The look of the denim and the fit is basically identical, I just went down a couple inches in the waist. And half the price at $20. Not bad for now!

Thrifted a navy blazer at the GW today. Brand marked as "Stanely Blacker", no size but fits like a 40r. Shoulders are perfect, arms will need to be lengthened a tad, maybe taken in a bit in the waist, and gold buttons will be changed out. It's lightweight with a little texture and has only the partial upper shoulder lining. Well worth $10 to get tailored and should be a nice warm weather option.

I've had a navy colored hole in my pants lineup, and that's being filled by some JCF navy Bedfords on the way. Recently ebay'd a pair of linen Bedfords that fit quite well, so they were an easy choice for the navy cotton pair.

Also filling in some holes in (my own version of) the "dress shirt hierarchy", some new and some replacements that fit. Ordered a gingham spread collar from JCF, picked up a fitted "ecru" point collar from Arrow, and a light blue button down collar in the Merona Ultimate.

Ebay'd some AE Weybridge wholecuts in black:

Overall I'm going for a version of the lean wardrobe. And getting pretty darn close, I'd say.
                        I love the Bedford pants, they're my go-to dress chinos. However my navy pair are complete lint magnets. Also tried a newer color on in store a few weeks back and noticed that the current batch are not as slim fitting as previous years versions. Just a word of warning.

Comment

Bonobos straight leg washed cotton twill pants from Nordstrom.

Comment

just sniped a pair of bonobos thursday dress pants for 40 + 6 shipping. love getting bonobos pants for that price.

Comment

I finally found a pair of jeans that fit, and at JCP of all places. I can't fit into slim fitting jeans from just about every brand because my thighs are rather large. If I size up to get my legs into them, it means the waist becomes too large. Anyways, I found that Levi's 559 relaxed fit jeans fit my legs in about the same way that slim fit jeans fit everyone else. I think I went with the "tumbled rigid" color.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Pulled the trigger on these brown and blue Topsiders.

I'm hoping the blue sole doesn't look too gimmicky on the foot. They are at least bound to be more subtle than the similar, neon-colored version.
                                You'll never know until you try.

Comment

Working...
                                X