Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gargao, nice find! Those look amazing, and at that price they are a steal.

Comment

Gargoa- man those look great! Tons of ways to wear those since Joe did a lot over the winter pairing the Claibornes that look a lot like those

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        I'm going to need a much higher-paying job if that's the case. :-P Both to afford them, and to quit looking so out of place. My co-workers are already questioning me about how much I make because they think I must be making so much more than them by the way I dress.
        Maybe they could get a raise if they dressed better?

Comment

Its amazing
          Originally posted by alan View Post
          This could be interesting...

Here's the pink Brooks Brothers tie I bought from Marshalls on Wednesday for $12:

Comment

Originally posted by gargao View Post
            Nice price! What was the actual style name on the box? Was it "Schautal?" Reason I ask is I tried on a pair of those at Nordy Rack, in an orangish suede, that they called "tan" - not sure about that description. I could not find anything online for that style name (# on them was 5603), but yeah they look like MacNeils, but in suede. The ones I tried had a leather sole. Yours too? I almost fell for them, but they were $200, which is a touch high for them at The Rack, IMO.

They had several pair, so if they ever drop down I still might. Weird that the style wasn't seemingly anywhere online. The Rawlings was like that too though - at Nordy Rack - but not online - until all of a sudden they show up in AE's clearance section. Odd.

Anyway, great kicks! Wear them in good health!

Comment

Got a pair of grey linen pants from H&M. There is a jacket that goes with it but they didn't have it in my size. I may check back later this summer. I was looking for a pair of pants that I could wear to the office in the summer that aren't chinos. I got the bottom half of the navy claiborne cotton suit from JCP a while back and have been wearing those a lot too. I live in Florida and can't wear wool slacks in the summer. I haven't tried tropical wool but I can't find any that are in my price range at the moment and probably won't.

Also got the bulova watch that Joe linked to a while back in his under 35K article

Last edited by Teej; June 1, 2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                Nice price! What was the actual style name on the box? Was it "Schautal?" Reason I ask is I tried on a pair of those at Nordy Rack, in an orangish suede, that they called "tan" - not sure about that description. I could not find anything online for that style name (# on them was 5603), but yeah they look like MacNeils, but in suede. The ones I tried had a leather sole. Yours too? I almost fell for them, but they were $200, which is a touch high for them at The Rack, IMO.

They had several pair, so if they ever drop down I still might. Weird that the style wasn't seemingly anywhere online. The Rawlings was like that too though - at Nordy Rack - but not online - until all of a sudden they show up in AE's clearance section. Odd.

Anyway, great kicks! Wear them in good health!
                Here is a pic of the box, sole and with more light to see the details in the suede. It is actually darker than this pic, more like my first picture. As you can see it is a custom order, but whoever had it made I don't know why they didn't like it. It seems like a staple.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Here is the Moreschi Abano oxford I got off ebay for 70 bucks. The lable says it's marked down from 500 to 300. The quality is quite a bit better than AE. It is the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn because of it's peccary leather upper. Too bad this leather is so rare and hard to work with. It is softer than lambskin and much tougher than calf. I wish they used this stuff on more shoes.

Comment

Got me a new watch. Well, new for me anyways. Ill post pics once it arrives.

Comment

Not a new purchase, but a new arrival as of yesterday. Loving this watch... well worth the wait and hunt for the discontinued model.

Ben

Comment

Beautiful watch lesserblackdog

Comment

Vicious49, when will we see the Ball up for sale?

BenR, your second Ball finally dropped! I really like the second hand on that watch.

Comment

BenR, that watch is the dopeness.

Comment

Bruschetta - I wasn't planning on listing it here since I didn't think we had many people who wold want to spend that much on a watch. But I guess it can't hurt to list it anyways.

BenR - that's a beautiful watch. What model is it? I love the face on it but the bracelet is a bit too shiny for my tastes.

My new watch should be here Wednesday. It an old Breitling Aerospace.

Comment

Following the Ball and Breitling watches is a tough act esp. with an homage, but this one struck me on a whim. Now I am totally done with watches... for now...

http://www.dajiwatch.com/productshow409.html

Comment

Working...
                                X