Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jcp in store prices vary so much. my area never sees the real rock bottom prices that others find

is that a "jcp" labeled one?

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
      jcp in store prices vary so much. my area never sees the real rock bottom prices that others find

is that a "jcp" labeled one?
      Exactly. They had matching pants, too. I may go back for them, but they weren't on clearance. They were $30-50 depending on sales. But I'm not sure I can pull off seersucker head to toe.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        It is not my fault that I now own a seersucker jacket. It's JCP's fault for clearing them out at $13.50.

Wow! That is a steal! I wish I was near one to try and make that score!

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
          Wow! That is a steal! I wish I was near one to try and make that score!
          FWIW, it's not a pincord like many people picture in their minds when they think of seersucker. This is a much more traditional, wide guage seersucker pattern. It may not be for everybody. That being said, the cut is definitely trendy (ie. shorter), which should help offset the pattern. I'm wearing it today, and I've been getting lots of double takes.

For the sake of the curious, it's also quarter-lined, and get this... I kid you not...

IT'S HALF CANVASSED!
          Last edited by alan; May 28, 2013, 12:07 PM.

Comment

This is a much more traditional, wide guage seersucker pattern. It may not be for everybody.
            i'm pretty sure most of us would buy it regardless of how it looked just because of the price :P

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
              i'm pretty sure most of us would buy it regardless of how it looked just because of the price :P
              I think you're right.... But isn't that what women or people with obsessions do? ... I'm just thinking out loud....

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                I think you're right.... But isn't that what women or people with obsessions do? ... I'm just thinking out loud....
                you know you want it...

unfortunately i just saw it in my local store "on sale" for $69, down from $100. the actual price tag on the item read $60, the old price from the old CEO days.

BUT OMG ITS ON SALE NOW

:|

Comment

amazing
                  This could be interesting...

Here's the pink Brooks Brothers tie I bought from Marshalls on Wednesday for $12:

Comment

Well, I took the plunge and ordered my first suit(s) from Suitupply. Since we don't have stores down here in Texas, I had to go the online route. Ordered both a navy Napoli and the blue London. Depending on what I think about the fit, I'll probably be sending the one I like less back. I'm almost kind of hoping I like the Napoli best, since they have so many other styles and colors in that fit. Wish me luck!

Comment

Cleaned up over the weekend after spending a rainy day at the outlets. Someone asked about GW Bass shirts -- they have a "premium monogram collection" that's handkerchief weight and great slim fit (medium fit me perfectly and I'm a 43). Half price over the weekend, $26. Downside: Made in Bangladesh. Upside: Purple gingham.

Comment

Originally posted by Kroaker View Post
                        Well, I took the plunge and ordered my first suit(s) from Suitupply. Since we don't have stores down here in Texas, I had to go the online route. Ordered both a navy Napoli and the blue London. Depending on what I think about the fit, I'll probably be sending the one I like less back. I'm almost kind of hoping I like the Napoli best, since they have so many other styles and colors in that fit. Wish me luck!
                        Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I wish they had more attractive 3-piece options right now. Maybe in the fall?
                        Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Finally able to snag the Gap tailored cotton blazer this weekend. Totally unstructured, totally $40: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...&pid=351301002
                          6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Just got this off ebay for $70 shipped. Blake welted made in Italy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190847463056

Comment

Originally posted by roklobster View Post
                              Just got this off ebay for $70 shipped. Blake welted made in Italy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190847463056
                              Nice find. If they screwd up the size and they're too big, I'll buy them from you at the same rate.

Comment

Pulled the trigger and got one of the last of The Natural jeans at Gustin: https://www.weargustin.com/campaigns/67

Can't. Freaking. Wait.
                                Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X