X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, it does not.

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
    @mdswta4- That's a great looking jacket and sounds like a steal. I really like that look for a fall piece. Does it have elbow patches?

Comment

I currently have a pair of AE Park Avenues in walnut grain headed towards my doorway. Imagine these, but with the texture of a footbal... Boom.

I may very well be having them professionally dyed when they come in. I already have a pair of dressy shoes in British tan, dark brown, and black so I'm thinking burgundy, merlot, cognac... Something along those lines.
      Last edited by alan; May 24, 2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I've been waffling the last few days, but just pulled the trigger on a pair of AE Kiowa's from the current AE Seconds sale. I've found that where I work, I am constantly walking on broken concrete/gravel and mixed surfaces, which makes wearing leather-soled dress shoes out of the question. So, while the lug soles on these may turn some off, I think they'll do quite nicely for the surfaces I walk on, mixed with the rather casual environment. Stock AE photo:

Initially I was turned off, but here's another photo which I believe was from zappos:

Finally, these pictures from styleforum put me over the edge:

Hope they turn out! Also, for what it's worth, I needed to buy the AE Waterproofing spray, and when I asked for it, she said that there was a 15-20% discount on all of the shoecare items as well. So, if anyone needs those items, call your favorite store.

Comment

Thrifted a Thomas Mason for BR Monogram (yeah, didn't know they collab'd was apparently back in winter 08) FC shirt for $10. Sized as a slim L but fits me great actually. Bought a pair of linen/cotton indigo leaf-print shorts for $25 from JCrew. Probably won't wear these too much but I paid the same price last summer for a pair of Target shorts and these are way better quality. Will go nice with a variety of things (I think they may look like this: http://s7.jcrew.com/is/image/jcrew/64077_PP9452?$ary_tn250$) Bought two pairs of shoe trees from Nordstrom Rack for $9.90? each.

(Mine had a bunch of Bonobos pants on sale. and a pair of waxy black AE McTavish for AE that I've been looking for, for just $99 but they were chewed up pretty bad)

Comment

I finally got two pairs of Daltons on ebay, one brown and one walnut.

After each of the past seven shoe purchases I've said "ok this is it, I'm done."

So I think I have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Liu View Post
              I finally got two pairs of Daltons on ebay, one brown and one walnut.

After each of the past seven shoe purchases I've said "ok this is it, I'm done."

So I think I have a problem.
              You may be right.

Comment

Let me preface this by saying that I NEVER have this luck...but just bought the only pair...in my size, at Ross for $30!! http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...fcTest=fcl%3A0

Comment

Did some shopping yesterday -- specifically wanted to find some nice work appropriate dark jeans. Tried the Rack first to try and get an @yoyo type of steal. Ended up with a cedar shoe tree, as predicted. Only saw a few other shoes I'd even consider (some black AEs and few TBNYs I didn't need) and one pair of jeans (a pair of AGs, but even for $90 I just didn't feel like it was worth it). No Bonobos, no Levis.

Annoyed, I went up the road to the jcrew and talked myself into the progressive sale to get the full $75 discount. Not really dapper-approved on the value chain, but I snagged:

1 pair of 484 dark resin wash japanese selvedge jeans ($150 retail); initially I felt these were way too tight on the skinny train, but I wore them around the store for a few minutes and changed my tune. They're like wearing a really tailored pair of slacks; they taper slim but don't look like jeggings. Plus, they'll stretch slightly so I'm not too worried. They look great with low-profile shoes since there's almost no stacking. Sized down to a 34.

1 pair of the "natural" the Kenton Suede Bucks ($198) that Joe mentioned on the mothership. These kick ass; I was on the fence but once I tried them on I was BLOWN away by how comfortable they are. I hadn't expected that they'd be so light; felt like wearing a sneaker. I had reservations about being able to pull 'em off, but screw it. Immediately feel like they class up any summer casual outfit I've got. My only problem? I want to wear them with the above jeans, but the above jeans are a really dark indigo and are crocking like crazy. Not sure how many cycles or wears until that'll stop to make that a viability. Not sure I want to try and figure out how to get indigo out of suede.

All said and done, with the $75 off I lobbed $275 into Mr. Crew's pocket.

Comment

Jeggings... Is that like the Bonobos girlfriend jeans?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kxK_1JsO6k8

Comment

about to get these as a graduation present. talk me out of it now or forever be silent.

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/co...sive-cambridge

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                        Jeggings... Is that like the Bonobos girlfriend jeans?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kxK_1JsO6k8
                        Jeggings.

Comment

@derekh- That Sir, is disturbing on so many levels. Now excuse me while I stab out my mental eyeball.
                          Last edited by ajk170; May 28, 2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

It is not my fault that I now own a seersucker jacket. It's JCP's fault for clearing them out at $13.50.

Comment

Woah, really? $13? In store?

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                                Woah, really? $13? In store?
                                Yessir! But if you're going hunting, make sure you size up. I think it's virtually guaranteed. And they'll be with the JCP line stuff rather than the suits and sport coats. I'm guessing those two things combined led to the price reduction.
                                Last edited by alan; May 28, 2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X