Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds has gone off the deep end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds has gone off the deep end.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/cati2_Shoes_1_40000000001_-1_1_image_0_N_120552_120552_134307_subcategory

Meet the new Allen Edmonds "Webgems" collection, specifically the Ridgeway. The cordovan shoes are upgraded versions of their classic models. The Ridgeways are train wrecks.

Saw those earlier, I'm not too big a fan of the ridgeway shoes - they are pretty much a neumok with a rubber sole instead of leather. I do imagine they may sell well to the younger urban crowd tho. I recall the Allen Edmonds CEO saying in an article about needing to branch out from men's classic dress shoes to more casual shoes marketed towards younger audiences and in environments that are more creative than conservative in order to survive in the market as well as expanding their market share to Asia.

I welcome this new era of experimentation by AE even tho I imagine it turning off more traditionalists.

Comment

You mean you aren't into patent black with red stitching?!

"... sell well to the younger urban crowd tho."

At $300 a pop, not sure I know too many people in that crowd who would buy them. Maybe in Asia I guess.

Comment

I think they look decent. Not going to buy them, but hey... I really don't care for any rubber/lug sole shoe outside of outdoor work wear.

Comment

Im the younger urban crowd at 24 living in Toronto, but I prefer something traditional with a bit of flare. I think walnut strands or fifth avenues fulfil that a lot better than those. They look pretty tacky if you ask me.

Comment

I like the green ones... but those cordovan dundee chukkas started my mouth watering

Comment

@Jason Those chukkas got me too. I was thinking, "Who gives a care about the ugly shoes? There is a winner right at the top of the page!"

Comment

Tired of their website going in and out...frustrating

Comment

they are trying to compete against the Ducky Browns/Veblens ...these are a train wreck, though....the patent wingtips may be the ugliest shoes they have ever created...

Comment

I personally love the black with red stitching; just not sure it's versatile enough.

Comment

The patent one is ugly, the other ones though I like, especially the brown and the olive. Then again, I like my casual shoes to be a bit loud, and actually really like those Cole Haan Lunars with the yellow sole, they're a pretty fun shoe.

Comment

I'm a fan of the brown... and am thinking of swapping out my Elgin's I just purchased for these in brown. Any thoughts? Looking to fill a hole in my closet of casual comfortable shoes that fit with jeans but also fit for work grey or navy dress pants. Rubber soles make my feet happy at the end of the day.

Other suggested shoes are welcome.

Comment

Working...
                        X