Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$285 Voyager Thompson at JCF . . . is that as low as it's going to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$285 Voyager Thompson at JCF . . . is that as low as it's going to get?

JCF is currently running a 30% off sale that drops the Thompson wool suits down to $285. I need a suit for a wedding in late June. Is that as good as it's going to get, or should I hold out?

Originally posted by Officer Rex Bishop View Post
    JCF is currently running a 30% off sale that drops the Thompson wool suits down to $285. I need a suit for a wedding in late June. Is that as good as it's going to get, or should I hold out?
    It dropped to about $200 last month with the Gilt coupon. With an additional coupons.com rebate (that actually worked), I got mine for about $165. Unfortunately, neither the jacket nor the pants fit, so back it went. Seemed like a nice suit, though. If it fit, I would have been willing to pay more than $200 for it.

Comment

Yeah I bought both colors in the Golt City deal for about $400 total. Don't know if or when that deal will ever come around again. I'd say of you can get it in the mid $200s, you did pretty well.

Nice suits by the way. Fabric is pretty textured, but they are very wrinkle resistant.

Comment

No exchanges with the coupon?

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
          It dropped to about $200 last month with the Gilt coupon. With an additional coupons.com rebate (that actually worked), I got mine for about $165. Unfortunately, neither the jacket nor the pants fit, so back it went. Seemed like a nice suit, though. If it fit, I would have been willing to pay more than $200 for it.
          what kind of lining it is? poly? curpo? bemberg?

Thanks!
          New York based Beijinger, Beijing based New Yorker

Comment

Got an email from JCF for 30% off everything today - didn't see a suit exclusion, so it might be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
              what kind of lining it is? poly? curpo? bemberg?

Thanks!
              Thompson suits are lined in Acetate. It is a fairly thin, breathable material made from wood pulp. Not on the level of bemberg but more comfortable than polyester. As a consequence of better breathability, it does absorb moisture some.

I have found the lining very comfortable and keeps the Thompson wool suits wearable even in a Texas summer (but then, we have high tolerance for warmth down here).

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                Thompson suits are lined in Acetate. It is a fairly thin, breathable material made from wood pulp. Not on the level of bemberg but more comfortable than polyester. As a consequence of better breathability, it does absorb moisture some.

I have found the lining very comfortable and keeps the Thompson wool suits wearable even in a Texas summer (but then, we have high tolerance for warmth down here).
                Thanks, recently moved from New York to Beijing. I found the weather here is Texas-warm. It may hit 100F in next week.
                Maybe I should go a linen suit straight ahead.
                New York based Beijinger, Beijing based New Yorker

Comment

Working...
                X