Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds x Parsons School of Design Collaboration

Pretty cool, check it out!

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ParsonView?storeId=1&catalogId=40000000001&langId=-1

Which shoes are you liking? I'm feeling The Welding and Port Washington most. The Port Washington is just a horsebit loafer on the existing Westchester shoe w/ a neat bit of history built into the bit using a local lighthouse as the bit piece. The Welding is a genuinely interesting shoe, and something that is a little ballsier, but one that I would definitely consider wearing, particularly in brown.

The Seventh Ave is intriguing largely because of my irrational love of Cone Mills selvedge denim, and I think denim heads would go nuts over it, but I question the longevity and logistical practicality of it. Additionally, you wouldn't be able to wear it with many pants, because the indigo would bleed onto your hems, and denim shoes w/ selvedge jeans would be the final nail in the coffin of Canadian Tuxedo territory.

What do you guys think? Curious to hear your thoughts!

I think the Port Washington is the only one I'd wear, and I'd probably get some Ferragamo horsebit loafers since they're the standard

Comment

I can understand that the students are trying to create unique designs, but I'm really not crazy about any of those. The King's Point boot might look okay in brown.

Comment

wrong thread

Comment

I don't really like any of them...they all seem to have started out all right, then an unnecessary fashion-y detail was thrown in to make them look unique, which ruins them (like the buckle on that boot...why?)

Comment

I think it's kind of a hard challenge to give an art student a men's shoe to design. Men's shoes, even more so than the rest of menswear, are really defined by their conservatism and their adherence to the traditional rules - it's more about emphasizing quality, durability, and longevity than about pioneering new designs.

Having said that, I actually kind of like those Austins. I'd wear 'em.

Ben

Comment

The 7th Avs are kind of fun.

Comment

I wouldn't wear any of those shoes but I picked the Austin and it's currently in last place.

Comment

I kind of like the Weldings too, but the toe shape is a bit modern for my tastes. I'd much rather wear a rounded than chisel toe.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                  X