Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody getting an Apple watch this Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it looks quite nice, especially on the milanese loop band. I have a few coworkers who have converted from traditional watches to the apple watch; it's functional and looks good.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

I've had some people say it's great to get reminders, etc. on their wrist, but it isn't like I don't carry my phone all the time and embarrassingly check it enough to receive the same from it. I'm not really a fan of a watch I need to plug in from time to time, just another thing I'd forget to charge.

Comment

Still don't have iPhone. Android ones last time I checked the faces are just too big.

Comment

I mostly agree with Token on the looks, on the milanese loop I could almost mistake it for a normal watch. As good as it can look, though, it's not attractive enough to depose my Omega, Seiko, or even my L.L. Bean watch. Additionally, I'm not really loyal to Apple for my phone, so I can't guarantee I'll even have a device that works with it. Finally, from a functionality standpoint: in everyday life I would rather wear my normal watches and take a couple seconds (if that) to pull out my phone if I need it, and from an activity perspective, my Garmin Forerunner, while notably expensive, is much more suited to the rigors of training and does a much better job as an activity watch in my experience, as well as having vastly greater battery life. Good on ya if anyone's managed to work it in, but it is definitely not for me.
          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

I know this thread is a little old but I wanted to see if anyone had actually replaced their other watches with an Apple Watch and it does not seem so.

I have had an Apple Watch for about 8 months now ($299 on sale at target). At first I wore it all the time, then I slowly started to not wear it. Mostly because I would forget to charge its. I think I one point I went almost an entire month without wearing it. I have not just relegated it for use when I go running, biking or some other activity where I am interested in tracking data. I think as an everyday watch it becomes cumbersome having one more piece of tech on you and to some degree looks a little ridiculous. However, from a fitness standpoint it is very good.

Comment

For me, I know I have a 'junk' drawer of old iPhones, Blackberry devices, flip phones, etc. I see the iWatch falling in to this category, especially when Apple releases a new watch every other year (as I think they are doing today). Maybe I'm wrong about the iWatch heading to the junk drawer, but I know I'll likely still be wearing my old mechanical watches years from now.

Comment

Still going to pass on it unless they find a way I can wear it in the gym without it interfering with wrist wraps, straps or risk of breaking. To me the fitness aspect is the best part but my wrists are occupied lol. I would never workout with a watch on.

Comment

I still think that for few people the extra utility is worth the cost, and I have read reviews where owners have concluded that their apple watch was more a hassle than a help.

It appears that the first version was a bit of a disappointment saleswise, although it is very popular for a smartwatch and profitable, it just isn't as popular as the first iPod, iPhone, or iPad. Which is probably why it hasn't inspired as much competition.

Comment

Working...
                  X