Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody getting an Apple watch this Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody getting an Apple watch this Friday?

I was wondering what dappered members though of the Apple Watch. Is anybody getting one this Friday? I think the design looks really good not sure if I will replace my round dial chronograph with this one. Also the price seems a bit much for the stainless steel one.
    http://www.simplifiedmen.com

Price is way too high, and the shape reminds me of those old Casio Calculator Watches. Also, I am not at a point in my life where I want to charge another gadget daily.

Comment

I honestly do not see the point of having a gadget watch. It just seems like overkill.

However, I will go check it out at the Apple store at some point.

Comment

I have an Android phone so it's an easy decision not to get one. I like that round Moto watch, except the size.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

I always thought square dials are for women and round dials are for men. Does anyone have an opinion from a Style angle?
            http://www.simplifiedmen.com

Comment

Nope. No interest really. Although I will turn in to the TV reports to watch all the fanboyz line up for one. Maybe I'll get lucky and see some poor bastard drop it again.

Comment

I think the smartwatch is an interesting concept, and potentially useful if you are already looking at some version of fitness tracker. However I don't really think I see the appeal in having my text messages, calls and emails going through it. I really don't think reading a text message on your watch is less conspicuous than pulling out your phone, and a small screen doesn't make it easier. It isn't like checking the time where you only need a quick glance. I'm also in the camp of not wanting to charge another gadget nightly.

Comment

Originally posted by mistabutters View Post
                  Price is way too high, and the shape reminds me of those old Casio Calculator Watches. Also, I am not at a point in my life where I want to charge another gadget daily.
                  This! In my opinion, a smart-watch need to look like a watch first. The moto and LG offerings are getting there, but not quite.

Comment

no....

Comment

Originally posted by Stylekid View Post
                      I always thought square dials are for women and round dials are for men. Does anyone have an opinion from a Style angle?
                      Bell & Ross would like to have a word with you...

Comment

Between my tablets and phone I am already too connected. This is why I enjoy and will stick with vintage watches.

Comment

Originally posted by Stylekid View Post
                          Definitely not the case that shape = sex. Heuer Monacos, Cartier Tanks (admittedly made for both sexes), JLC Reversos, etc. -- not to mention plenty of cushion style cases for a variety of watches similar in style to 70 era watches (e.g., Mark II Speedmasters).

As for the Apple watch, no thanks.

Comment

Me. My wife gets the 50% employee discount, so I am pulling the trigger. Stainless Steel 48mm with light brown leather loop. Also consider buying an extra Malanese loop.

Does not mean to give up on my mechanical watches. Just another one in the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleScream View Post
                              Me. My wife gets the 50% employee discount, so I am pulling the trigger. Stainless Steel 48mm with light brown leather loop. Also consider buying an extra Malanese loop.

Does not mean to give up on my mechanical watches. Just another one in the rotation.
                              Would love to have a review in a couple of months about your thoughts on it. I imagine most of the reviews on the net will be techie based with people wearing it constantly and trying to cram every possible app onto it. I'd be interested to see how it plays out in your regular rotation, and what you end up using it for.

Comment

Working...
                              X