first day of school outfit suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first day of school outfit suggestions

Tomorrow is my first day of spring semester of college and I'm not sure what to wear to not come off like I'm trying to hard. I also am afraid of looking like the one guy getting dressed up for school when most kids my age are going to be wearing track pants and hoodies. Any suggestions?

I usually go the route of chinos or jeans with a wool v-neck sweater over an untucked button-up. I go to university in Toronto and people tend to be decently dressed. However, there is definately a range of clothing present in almost every class from sleeping attire from someone living on res, to a full suit from a professional or someone who is retired and going to school (university is free for 65+ year olds in Ontario). I found that dressing well actually motivated me to do better and pay more attention. University can really bog you down if youre in a difficult school/program, and keeping a good healthy routine goes miles in helping you stay focused and on top of things.

Comment

Where are you?

Comment

What's weather like right now where you are?

Comment

I agree with Focuspants. Wearing chinos with a nice button-up or sweater will help you look 100 times better than the majority of guys in college.

Comment

Southern California its overcast and rainy out today though. And I go to a junior college so virtually no one dresses nicely

Comment

My vote (assuming the weather is better but tomorrow): plaid shorts, solid pique polo (untucked), and boat shoes. It hints that you can dress nicely when you want to, but you're not out to show anyone up.

(Of course, I wouldn't go out and actually buy any of that stuff if I didn't already own it.)

EDIT: Ok, so checked the weather, and it's still colder there than I thought it would be for this time of year. Maybe shorts aren't going to work...

Comment

Haha I own all if the items needed for both outfit suggestions now I just have to wait to see what the weather is like

Comment

Working...
                X