Thoughts on Cardigans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Cardigans?

Pretty big fan of the slimmer cardigan + dress shirt look and t-shirt on the weekend. What are people's place to get cardigans? So far I've tried out:

Suitsupply's - $89
    http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/knitw...m_source=5refg

Uniqlo's $39
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...B+men+cardigan

Are there options other people like (J.Crew, Gant, etc)?
    Best,
    Paul

My 2 favorites are both from H&M. light weight and they don't have pockets. Over time I find that the pockets on most cardigans sag. I wear them with anything from a shirt and tie to casually with a solid tee under.

Comment

Personally love wearing cardigans. The benefit is being able to take it off when I get too warm in it - I'm one to sweat a lot. I wear a lambswool or thicker cotton shawl collar one when I'm not wearing a sportcoat to work. Also have two Target cotton ones for around the yard or house.

Thinner cardigans look just as nice, but I have no use for them.

Comment

I'm undecided. Might play with them next fall/winter.

Comment

I love my cardigans. I think the key to avoiding the "old man" look (no offense, old men!) is a slim fit. If it's trim it looks really sharp.
          I like them for the same reason as [MENTION=12466]Marc999[/MENTION]- easy on and off, depending on the weather, etc.

Comment

I don't like the look of most all cardigans. In my opinion they usually end up either looking "old man" or effeminate. I think that if they're fisherman-sweater chunky they can work, but the thin, light ones give off that effeminate vibe in my opinion. I tried on a thin men's cardigan at target a few months ago and my wife asked me if I found it in the women's section.

Then again, depending upon your body type, it might work out great for you.

Comment

Love cardigans. Like a lot. Chunky shawl collars are my favorite. But I really love them all.

Comment

I love a chunky shawl cardigan. I have one from LL Bean Signature which I love for casual wear. It's the perfect upgrade to a hoodie. Just throw it on with jeans and a t-shirt and run those errands. Add a button-down to class it up a bit.

I don't think I'm a non-shawl cardigan guy though.

Comment

They are great for layering. A cardigan can offer many of the advantages of a blazer, without the "formality." A thin one you can wear with a shirt, or throw a jacket over it.

Comment

Originally posted by drzenitram View Post
                    I don't like the look of most all cardigans. In my opinion they usually end up either looking "old man" or effeminate. I think that if they're fisherman-sweater chunky they can work, but the thin, light ones give off that effeminate vibe in my opinion. I tried on a thin men's cardigan at target a few months ago and my wife asked me if I found it in the women's section.

Then again, depending upon your body type, it might work out great for you.
                    nothing else flatters my cleavage like a good cardigan though.

Comment

As soon as I get rid of some weight around my middle (hopefully end of summer), I will reconsider cardigans. I like the look of a nice trim cardigan, but right now they just look dumpy on me.

Comment

I go back and forth on cardigans. I own two chunky shawl collar cardigans and they fit really well, but it seems I only wear them 2-3 times each during the winter. I tend to wear quilted wool vests, sweater jackets, or V-neck sweaters as my layering pieces.

Comment

I like cardigans a lot. Thin or chunky. They're nice because it would probably be too dressy to wear a blazer where I work but unnoticeable to just throw on a cardigan. They keep me warm and show a bit more shirt than a regular sweater.

Comment

LOVE chunky cardigans.

Strong disklike for "thin" cardigans- look feminine in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks so much for the feedback. Anywhere else besides HM or LL BEAN?
                              Best,
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X