No announcement yet.

Let's talk Quality Summer Loafers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find a loafer similar to the J Crew Ludlow... half strap, low stitching, sort of contrasting heel and that nice dark brown color. It is pretty sharp but doesn't sound too comfortable from the reviews.

Comment

http://www.landsend.com/products/sch...1612&source=GS

Dirt cheap.

Comment

The word quality in the thread title brings to mind a show Mephisto has made for maybe 20+ years now. Goes by the name is Cap Vert, IMO the Rust color is as nice as it gets in a slip on loafer, the Cordovan color is just a bit dressier.

Edit to add: The width is just slightly more than an Allen Edmonds "E" width, (not EE, single E).

I's place the Allen Edmonds mentioned a close second...
        Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
        I really like the look of the AE Addisons
        Last edited by Jaded Hedonist; April 29, 2015, 11:19 AM. Reason: Add width fit note

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
          Nice! I have been looking at this company for a good amount of time but never bit the bullet because of international shipping to the US. How do these shoes fit?
          It's definitely worth it to wait until you want to order two pairs, that way you feel the shipping is worth it. The lasts are a bit different depending on which shoe you order. i.e. I started out with the double monks in 9.5 UK / 10.5 US and they fit snug (not uncomfortable). I then ordered the string loafers in the same size and they are a bit loose. At the same time, I also ordered a pair of Group MTO Cherry Boots and those are tight; hope they loosen up after a number of wears. I'm guessing StyleForum may have more detailed description of the various lasts but at the end of the day they are, relatively speaking, true to size.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
            Nice! Any idea about the fit on those? I have pretty wide feet (but often get tempted by things that don't come in widths - works out sometimes, not always). Hard to beat the price.

Comment

No clue. Never owned there shoes before. I got a pair on the way though. I went tts.

Comment

Those are On The Counter so if you wait til friday, it'll be $18.

Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
                Nice! Any idea about the fit on those? I have pretty wide feet (but often get tempted by things that don't come in widths - works out sometimes, not always). Hard to beat the price.
                Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                No clue. Never owned there shoes before. I got a pair on the way though. I went tts.

Comment

True. Sizes startin to thin out though. Thought 34.50 was damn good deal. Eighteen would be just crazy if they were still available

Comment

In my experience, most good items sell out before Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
                      I've got a pair. I found them to be fairly wide (and just a touch short).

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                        In my experience, most good items sell out before Friday.
                        That's the fun part about OTC. It's like a game of chicken.

Comment

Really good thread.

Comment

Originally posted by nubirth View Post
                            Really good thread.
                            giving the paul loafer a shot from banana republic

Comment

Last year I converted from slip on sneakers to boat shoes. I like the preppy look while still being casual enough to wear with shorts and polos. But the penny loafers always look like they are in a no mans land to me. They seem too dressy for shorts but too chunky for wool dress pants. Especially the cheaper ones that have shiny leather.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarick View Post
                                Last year I converted from slip on sneakers to boat shoes. I like the preppy look while still being casual enough to wear with shorts and polos. But the penny loafers always look like they are in a no mans land to me. They seem too dressy for shorts but too chunky for wool dress pants. Especially the cheaper ones that have shiny leather.
                                I definitely feel like non-shiny leather and a natural sole hit the penny loafer sweet spot for me. Unfortunately it's tough to find an inexpensive option with those attributes.

Comment

Working...
                                X