Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoes bending in a way that digs into my toes...normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoes bending in a way that digs into my toes...normal?

I bought the Fratelli Rossetti double monks from CLAD, and in walking around my living room with them on I noticed that as I step forward, the shoe bends in the front in such a way that it digs down into my toes, not to mention creases (though it doesn't hurt at all). I have to admit that the shoes are maybe a half size too big, but I put in a foam insole which made them snug enough that my foot doesn't slip at all, and a bit more comfortable to stand in.

I tried stuffing some padding in the back so my foot was as far to the front of the shoe as possible to see if that made it bend differently, but it was the same. My AE shoes don't do this (or at least it's much milder, as if the shoe is more flexible). Is the bending still due to them being a bit too long, or is this something that goes away after a break in period as the leather gets softer?

I had some shoes that put slight pressure on certain parts of my pinkie toes. Mostly was because I am a true EEE width, and these shoes were a 10D but were stretched. So I'll go most days with them not giving me issues anymore. But once in awhile they will start to dig into my pinkie toe again. Also make sure it's not your sock seam line that is sown across you're toes that may be getting in the way...has happened to me...

Comment

Sort of a catch-22 with shoes and returns, but you will probably have to break them in before knowing. But I bet it will go away once broken in.

Comment

I've had this problem before. It seems to happen when the shoes are new and the leather is still pretty firm, and the flex is focused in just one spot. For me, the problem tends to go away with time, but YMMV.

Ben

Comment

Did you put anything on them? I just got some AE penny loafers and I loosened them up with a couple coats of Lexol and put a coat of neutral cream polish on top to protect and shine them up.

Comment

Nothing yet, I wanted to avoid doing anything that would make me unable to return them. I don't have any leather conditioner right now, but if it can soften up the leather I could pick some up.

Comment

I had that problem with some loafers I had....hurt so badly that I was debating returning the shoes everyday....then one day they just disappeared and now they are one of my most comfortable shoes. Wear the shoes around the house for a couple a days and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X