Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bothers you the most when shopping online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bothers you the most when shopping online?

Wanted to hear your opinions about the topic. Cheers!

When free returns are not offered.

Lack of easily accessible item dimensions (especially for sport coats).

Also, when the model is not effective. For example, Banana Republic hardly ever has pictures of their outerwear or sport coats all buttoned up, making it hard to tell what the item will look like.

Comment

When it comes to clothing, nothing (as long as you have a good feel for the brand and your size). I'll take shopping online over pushy sales people and the unwashed masses at the mall any day of the week.

Comment

"When free returns are not offered."

I think free returns are a must! I wanted this blazer from mr.porter and the only reason I pulled the trigger was because of the free return which i ended up returning because it never fit me. I just wish it didn't take a 5 day process to know if the jacket fit me or not.

Comment

Two things I suppose. 1) when the photo doesn't accurately represent the item and 2) when there is no tip on sizing. For example Nordy's will suggest that you size down/up when buying a certain shoe. This is good to know. Other sites though leave you on your own.

Comment

When it comes to clothing, nothing (as long as you have a good feel for the brand and your size). I'll take shopping online over pushy sales people and the unwashed masses at the mall any day of the week.
            So for you it doesn't matter if its $100 or $500 you still have the same feeling when purchasing online vs brick and mortar?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              Two things I suppose. 1) when the photo doesn't accurately represent the item and 2) when there is no tip on sizing. For example Nordy's will suggest that you size down/up when buying a certain shoe. This is good to know. Other sites though leave you on your own.
              totally agree on your #1. I've noticed recently on multiple items on J Crew's website that the color depicted in the photos do not accurately reflect the actual color of the item.

Comment

Originally posted by MDLamp View Post
                totally agree on your #1. I've noticed recently on multiple items on J Crew's website that the color depicted in the photos do not accurately reflect the actual color of the item.
                I never considered color. Fit was always the main issue. Well put.

Comment

Also, when buyers are able to post reviews and they go into extensive detail about how a particular size of the item fit them (as if they were trying to help other potential buyers), but then fail to give any relevant info about their own size (height, weight, build, etc.). Thanks for nothing.

Comment

To you free shipping people....it is rumored to have ruined the Suit Supply outlet in America. Some companies can't make money if you have no intention to keep the purchase. I like minimum value free shipping to combat this though I get hit with a shipping cost sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by MDLamp View Post
                      Also, when buyers are able to post reviews and they go into extensive detail about how a particular size of the item fit them (as if they were trying to help other potential buyers), but then fail to give any relevant info about their own size (height, weight, build, etc.). Thanks for nothing.
                      This is so true. It's like the blind leading the blind

Comment

For clothes, I am way too cautious unless I know the product. For shoes, watches, belts, etc I love online shopping. My biggest complaint for them is waiting on it to get to my door.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                          To you free shipping people....it is rumored to have ruined the Suit Supply outlet in America. Some companies can't make money if you have no intention to keep the purchase. I like minimum value free shipping to combat this though I get hit with a shipping cost sometimes.
                          Do you have any source on this? I did a quick google and nothing came up. I'd like to read more.

Comment

Regarding something expensive like a Suit Supply suit, I would definitely get myself to a brick and mortar store to get acquainted with the fit before ordering online in order to lessen the risk of receiving something I would have to return. I wouldn't mind a small fee for something that cost $400 and is a once in a while purchase for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey Neat View Post
                              Do you have any source on this? I did a quick google and nothing came up. I'd like to read more.
                              I don't think it was ever officially announced as that was the reason but some people hear from SA's that was the reason. Everything went so fast and if you follow the various internet forum's, people would order 3+ items and not keep one and the prices were pretty cheap compared to their normal prices. I could see it coming back and people are on the hook for returns of like $20. It's basic business.

Comment

Working...
                              X