Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sunday Challenge - 3/15/2014 St. Patty's Day Spirit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sunday Challenge - 3/15/2014 St. Patty's Day Spirit!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, this week the challenge will be pretty simple: Wear green. Any way you want, whatever you want, you just need to incorporate green into your outfit this week...as much or as little as you'd like. That's the only requirement. However, for those of you who'd like even more of a challenge and/or to make things more interesting than just green, try to incorporate all of the colors of the Irish flag: Green, white, AND orange. Successfully doing so garners imaginary bonus points for creativity. Even more bonus points if you're holding a pint of Guinness and half drunk in your photo.

The standard rules:

- Challenge proposed on Tuesday or [not so] early Wednesday
    - Rules solidified throughout the week
    - On Sunday or before, all participants dress according to challenge guidelines
    - Entries recorded Sunday night, voting begins
    - Winner declared on Tuesday evening
    - Winner is responsible for next week's theme

Good luck!!
    JBarwick
    26.09%
    Shomas
    0.00%
    Farhad
    8.70%
    Jshackleford
    8.70%
    Matchbook
    4.35%
    mattface
    17.39%
    Tjyoung
    34.78%

Lucky for me, I'm half drunk almost all of the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      Lucky for me, I'm half drunk almost all of the time!
      Likewise! E-high five!

Comment

I got this!

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing your interpretation of this challenge, [MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION]. You've definitely got some great creative flair with your outfits. I hope we can get a lot of entries in on this one!

Comment

I have this t-shirt which is a double edged sword when out drinking. At some point a lot of people tell you to put your shirt down...

Comment

I ordered a pair of Allen Edmonds neumok in olive a few days ago. If they arrive in time, I'll throw my hat into this ring.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                I have this t-shirt which is a double edged sword when out drinking. At some point a lot of people tell you to put your shirt down...

On the plus side, drinking through a t-shirt really filters out the impurities in your drinks.

Comment

I think this is one I can handle

Comment

Went a different route here. I used to have bright orange and green shirts from Express then realized they were terrible.

Jacket: Bruce Field Paris
                    Tie: Rooster 100% IRISH linen
                    Shirt: Boss Black
                    Pants: BR
                    Shoes: Carmina

The tie is a great deal on eBay where they have a few colors for $10. Ties a great knot too!

Comment

Went a different route here. I used to have bright orange and green shirts from Express then realized they were terrible.

The tie is a great deal on eBay where they have a few colors for $10. Ties a great knot too!
                      I dig it! The Irish linen tie is a very nice touch!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

This is my entry (taking a slightly more casual approach):

Jacket: Bonobos
                          Shirt: J Crew Factory
                          Pants: Bonobos
                          Shoes: J Crew
                          Watch: Invicta/Crown & Buckle strap
                          Pocket square: Lands End

The shirt is green gingham and the laces on the shoes are green. Beyond that, there are some small orange flecks in the jacket and white here and there. Subtle, but legit.

Comment

Looks like my challenge is bringing out some very sharp entries! Great success! *Borat voice*

Comment

My entries tend to be with tie and jacket as that is what I wear to work. Friday's are casual but I don't enjoy the outfits as much and the weekends have been super casual due to winter.
                              [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] - I am digging the green gingham. It is a great way to add color without a solid block which is sometimes too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X