Quick Sock Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Sock Question

What socks should I wear with sneakers (like converse, jack purcell, white canvas shoes) and jeans? I know the idea would be to go sockless (or the socks you can't really see) but keep in mind that's it's winter and still a bit chilly.

Thanks!

Black athletic socks? I own like 2 pair, and use them when I dont need dress socks. Also could try wool socks.

Comment

Anything that's not white or tan is probably fair game.

Comment

I think just about anything works, I've even worn dress socks with Chucks. Happy Socks or something similar are great if you're going for a more vibrant, casual look. I myself would leave athletic socks for athletic shoes, partly due to the mismatch of style and partly because my athletic socks all are too thick in the toe seam to fit comfortable with anything but athletic shoes.

Comment

I feel weird with thin dressy socks in casual shoes. Or with thick acrylic or wool socks in dress shoes. I feel like they all have their place.

A thin dress sock for a dress shoe, a meatier sock for casual shoes (or no socks at all), athletic socks with athletic shoes, and thick socks for winter boots or even Merrells.

Comment

I have some lightweight wool hiking socks in a few different shades of grey that I like to wear with casual shoes + jeans.

Ben

Comment

I just picked up a few pairs of these yesteday in store. The patterns are not the ones shown, but white/black microstripes with orange heel, and light blue/navy microstripes with green heel. Wore them today with my PF Flyers and I've already got compliments, which has never happened before regarding socks. If you have an H&M nearby, I'd strongly encourage checking them out. Two pairs for $5.95 with cool patterns, its hard to go wrong.

http://www.hm.com/us/product/97346?article=97346-B

Comment

Thanks for the link to the H&M socks. I've been looking for some inexpensive pair of colorful socks. I can't get myself to pay $30 for some of these...

Regarding socks for sneakers, go to Target and get those low-cut black Champion socks. Pack of 3 or 6 or something. Relatively inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
                X