No announcement yet.

JCP Stafford Linen-Cotton Sport Coats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCP Stafford Linen-Cotton Sport Coats?

Anyone tried these out? None in stores anywhere near me, so I just ordered one for $50. I'll let you guys know after I get it, but has anyone else had any experience with these?

http://www.jcpenney.com/shops/school...420341068C.tif

I have a 2013 stafford "prep" cotton navy blazer. 42S. Fit is trim but not super slim. Construction is what you would expect for the price. No gripes or errors. Buttons of course are cheap plastic. Cotton is surprisingly good. It wears in but not sharp creases like some cheaper ones I've seen.

Only thing wished it was unlined.

Comment

Are they lined in poly, or do they at least breath a bit?

Comment

Yeah I was shopping at JCP the day before my elopement last April (small wedding at home with friends and family for the legal paper) we were looking for a vaguely brideish dress, but I also found these. They fit great and they were on sale for $35, so I bought 2, and wore the light brown one for the wedding. I've got the blue one too. They are great, especially for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc999 View Post
          Are they lined in poly, or do they at least breath a bit?
          I think it's a poly lining, but I bought them in April and wore them a lot last summer. I thought they breathed pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
            I think it's a poly lining, but I bought them in April and wore them a lot last summer. I thought they breathed pretty well.
            Thanks. At $50 with promos, this is making it difficult not to bite.

Comment

Thanks. At $50 with promos, this is making it difficult not to bite.
              Same boat. I'm thinking I'd love to add the natural herringbone to my collection.

Comment

Same boat. I'm thinking I'd love to add the natural herringbone to my collection.
                I'm actually between the navy cotton option mentioned in the Thursday handful and the Bright Blue option for the cotton-linen if I do bite. Leaning towards the navy cotton and then potentially having my tailor hack out half or all of the lining if it proves to be too warm for me.

Comment

That herringbone is awesome looking, BTW. I already own the JCF linen SP though, so redundant for me.

Comment

Yeah I was shopping at JCP the day before my elopement last April (small wedding at home with friends and family for the legal paper) we were looking for a vaguely brideish dress, but I also found these. They fit great and they were on sale for $35, so I bought 2, and wore the light brown one for the wedding. I've got the blue one too. They are great, especially for the money.

Is the one your wearing the khaki? I dont see a light brown offering. Coat looks great btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                      Is the one your wearing the khaki? I don't see a light brown offering. Coat looks great btw.
                      Yeah. Since I bought it off the rack I didn't know what they called the color. It looks a bit on the redder side to me than what I would call khaki.

Comment

Best current promo 15% off without a JCP card. Anyone find something better or stackable? Didn't take me very long - I'm biting...

Comment

With a JCP card its 25% off over a $100. Just got two in my bag for $95 including tax.

Comment

Best current promo 15% off without a JCP card. Anyone find something better or stackable? Didn't take me very long - I'm biting...
                            sometimes JCP has Doorbusters on their website from Friday afternoon (3 or 4 maybe) until Saturday around noon. they definitely have them in stores too. might be worth waiting a few more hours.

Comment

I have a wedding I am attending this summer and the bright blue option looks very summertime. I may have to bite as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X