No announcement yet.

JCP Stafford Linen-Cotton Sport Coats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just made the purchase. $50.99 shipped to store.

Comment

Saw this thread and couldn't resist the herringbone option. $46.14 shipped to store that is across the street from my office.

Comment

Well, after a response like this I'm waiting for JCP to call and thank me!

Comment

How is the sizing on these things? For reference, I normally wear a 40L in Lands End tailored fit and JCF blazers. I'm up in Canada, and returns are brutally expensive.

Comment

My eyebrows are raised. As long as the fit isn't super wonky, this could serve as an awesome casual summer workhorse.

I can count the number of items in my closet that contain linen on a couple fingers so this is relatively uncharted territory for me. Anyone care to offer a thought on the most versatile color? I already have a JCF Thompson khaki/tan sport coat so I'm concerned that the "Natural HB" would be redundant. And the grey version - is it just me or does that shade speak more to fall/winter than summer? Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Embargo1063 View Post
              My eyebrows are raised. As long as the fit isn't super wonky, this could serve as an awesome casual summer workhorse.

I can count the number of items in my closet that contain linen on a couple fingers so this is relatively uncharted territory for me. Anyone care to offer a thought on the most versatile color? I already have a JCF Thompson khaki/tan sport coat so I'm concerned that the "Natural HB" would be redundant. And the grey version - is it just me or does that shade speak more to fall/winter than summer? Help!
              I went with the gray, I've already got navy and khaki colored cotton sport coats, and even though the gray is gray, I think it serves as a good neutral to allow you more summery colors in your shirt/accessories without becoming garish.

Comment

Originally posted by Hof View Post
                How is the sizing on these things? For reference, I normally wear a 40L in Lands End tailored fit and JCF blazers. I'm up in Canada, and returns are brutally expensive.
                I'm 42r in Lands End, and 42r in these. Fit is similar.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
                  I'm 42r in Lands End, and 42r in these. Fit is similar.
                  Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on one, now just to decide what colour...

Comment

If anyone actually ends up buying (and keeping) one of these, post a picture here. JCP's online photos don't necessarily give a great idea of how these jackets would work in actual outfits. Some of these colors look a little garish to my eyes, but I'm open to being wrong about that, if someone can give some evidence of these jackets working in real life.

Comment

I just got my JCP order yesterday. I got the grey and bright blue in 38R and 36R. I have a few 38R Stafford jackets. One is a little too big and two fit well. Anyway, the 38R linen-cotton ones were way too big on me. The 36Rs, however, fit really well. Minimal shoulder pads, high armholes, decent slim fit.
                      The texture of the jackets makes them look a little like chambray. It also keeps the bright blue from looking too bright. One thing, though: if the shoulders are a little wonky, let them hang for a while after you take them out of the box. The blue one had funny shoulders right out of the box. After hanging for a couple for hours, it was fine.
                      I’ll try and post a picture tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by JDOG View Post
                        I just got my JCP order yesterday. I got the grey and bright blue in 38R and 36R. I have a few 38R Stafford jackets. One is a little too big and two fit well. Anyway, the 38R linen-cotton ones were way too big on me. The 36Rs, however, fit really well. Minimal shoulder pads, high armholes, decent slim fit.
                        The texture of the jackets makes them look a little like chambray. It also keeps the bright blue from looking too bright. One thing, though: if the shoulders are a little wonky, let them hang for a while after you take them out of the box. The blue one had funny shoulders right out of the box. After hanging for a couple for hours, it was fine.
                        I’ll try and post a picture tomorrow.
                        Good info. I ordered 4 jackets of different colors and sizes. We'll see how they turn out and I'll only keep the one that fits and looks best, if one does stand out.

Comment

Ordered them earlier today in 36 and 38S since the last Stafford blazers I got fit a size large. There's a new code that gets you 25% off but I don't think I'm going to reorder just to save 5%.
                          5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
                            Ordered them earlier today in 36 and 38S since the last Stafford blazers I got fit a size large. There's a new code that gets you 25% off but I don't think I'm going to reorder just to save 5%.
                            I just asked them "Can I just have the price adjusted to reflect the better discount or do I have to reorder the same product and return the more expensive one?" They adjusted the price for me - less hassle all around.

Comment

I got mine yesterday, 38S fits me well, won't need any alterations at all. The tail is a little shorter than some of my other 38S jackets, even Stafford brand, but with the casual nature of a linen blazer that should be fine.

I'll echo that it almost has a chambray-type look to it, and that while it's certainly lighter than most wool blazers, I'm a bit nervous that it'll be a little toasty in high temperatures. That said, I have NOT tried it out in any kind of high temperature, it's just my conjecture. Shoulders are padded, but not too badly, and armholes are decently high.

It's a keeper for me.

Comment

Picked mine up today. I ordered the herringbone in 36R. Tried it on in the store, and I have to say that it fit pretty damn well, even on my very thin frame (5'11", 140lbs). I'll probably need to get the sides taken in, but I have to do that for every jacket I buy. Sleeve length was good, jacket length was good. Overall construction seems to be just fine and I like the look of the fabric. I'm saying it's definitely a keeper for me, especially given that it cost $46 all-in.

Comment

Working...
                                X