J Crew Factory Thompson Suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Crew Factory Thompson Suit

So I recently jumped on the 30% off Sale and purchased the Factory Thompson suit from J crew.

I'm interested in hearing others who own the suit and can give me some feed back on how it's holding up, and in general you're thoughts. With the sale and tax shipped came to 190$.

Mine comes in today - I'll let you know how it fits (i'm nervous)

Comment

Mine came in the other day. Fits great off the rack, although the material could be a little nicer. Also, wrinkles don't seem to straighten out so easily. For 165~ish (price adjusted) it is a STEAL. Dropped it off at my tailor today to get it worked on.

Comment

Im excited to hear the updates on both of you're suits. Mine has been shipped out as of 2-24. Im hoping to have it arrive late next week!

Comment

I bought this last October for about 200. It's okay and feels very light-weight. The jacket feels good and is trim enough - however I had to get the sleeves shortened on the 40R. I'm about 5'9 give or take. The pant materials are a little on the thin-side and not as slim as the Ludlows. They felt more of a straight fit and wasn't as tapered enough for my liking. Then again it was about 1/3 of the price!

Comment

I'm looking forward to a lightweight suit. Being that I wear suits 5 days a week, and during the spring and summer, temps reach well over 100 degrees for around 25-30 days for the season. Is yours still holding up well?

Comment

Its holding up quite well but then again I'm not in a suit 5 days a week. I've probably worn it 5 times since I bought it so it hasn't been through too much. If I hadn't ripped off the tags right when it arrived and the nearest outlet wasn't like 80 miles from me - I probably would've returned it. Nice but not really the right fit for me. Seems like everyone loves it though.

Comment

For me, the blazer fits nicely. The pants I ordered were a bit too large so I'm exchanging them for a size smaller. Will update after the pants are in and I've actually worn it to work. On a different note - I was hoping for a slightly lighter shade of charcoal - this one is so close to black that I'll probably buy a light grey suit in addition to this.

Wrinkles - how did y'all get the wrinkles out after it shipped? Iron or steam?

Comment

I don't have this suit, but, steam.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

did everyone else here find the need to size down for this as well? I'm a 39.5 but had to order a 38R.

Comment

hmm I ordered a 44R which is my normal size. I usually never fit into anything smaller than a 44, but sometimes need to size up to a 46 depending on the cut. When mine arrives, Ill be sure to update you all on how it fits.

Did anyone find the button stance to be abnormally low on this jacket or did it seem normal? I only ask because [email protected] did a post on this suit while back and had mentioned the button stance to be a bit off. by his opinion, it was nothing to warrant returning the suit, but was curious as to what others thought of it.

Comment

got mine in on friday but went ahead and returned it. i ordered a 38R and although the shoulders were a bit wide it wasn't nearly as bad as the waist/chest area. I probably would have fit ok in a 36R. I did also think the button stance was a bit low as well. The price was fantastic but I just wasn't happy with the fit at all and know I would have needed a lot of tailoring. That and I really am looking more for a lighter gray. It is very dark.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

tdig - it seems like several people have had to size down for the thompson suit

Comment

Do u think the color of the suit is too dark to wear with brown shoes? Almost looks black

Comment

Acoustic, what do you mean you're a 39.5? If you mean that it's your actual chest measurement, that seems about right that you should be wearing 38.

Comment

Working...
                              X