Looking towards the future... Warm Weather Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking towards the future... Warm Weather Wear

So, many of you live in climates where you actually see the seasons change. You can layer clothing and experiment with a wide variety of materials. Still, I am curious at the wardrobe choices for the upcoming shift in weather. What is your warm weather uniform? What pieces stand out for you? There are of course the spring and summer staples; polos, boat shoes, possibly short sleeve button ups... etc...

I live in San Diego our weather is pretty much perfect all year long so I take advantage of "colder" days to sport sweaters, jackets and blazers. My work environment is very lax, still my daily uniform consists of denim (dark wash) pants or chinos, paired with a polo or sportshirt (J Crew, BR, Bonobos).

So, what do you wear when the mercury rises?

Also for your reading enjoyment, here is good article from @ Effortless Gent

http://www.effortlessgent.com/how-to...n-hot-weather/

My warm-weather "uniform" is not actually anything I wear. Rather, it's HOW I dress. I roll up my sleeves every chance I get because I can't stand to be stuffy.

(Although, I love my BB polos and leather flip-flops.)

Comment

@ Alan, same here with the roll-ups and without fail at least once a week in the spring/summer months someone will ask me, "why dont you just wear a short sleeve shirt".

Comment

I'm starting to look for stuff for Spring / Summer... things like linen / silk / cotton unstructured sportcoats, linen shirts & pants, loafers, boat shoes, etc. Unfortunately you don't find as much of this stuff in thrift stores, or at least I haven't so far.

Comment

thrifted boat shoes = creepy

Comment

Polos, lightweight button down shirts, the occasional t-shirt. Going to revisit shorts this year as I got a couple pairs of slimmer, not past-the-knees shorts. For shoes, suede bucks and sneakers (Converse and the like). I'm going to try a light blazer in the Spring for the cooler days, and I definitely need to cycle through all the light jackets I have.

Comment

I picked up some nice things for summer from LEC last year. Striped polo, chino shorts, striped pincord shorts. Still looking for some nice canvas sneakers for this summer.

Comment

Haha... Yeah... I'm not picking those up 2nd hand @Alan.. That's just part of my summer planning.

Comment

"thrifted boat shoes = creepy"

Seconded.

However, I have a serious aversion to thrifting. Ties, pocket squares, tie bars and most any accessory is fine, but that's my limit. Just can't get over it.

Comment

It's 83 degrees in FL today.I am wearing summer weight J. Crew British khaki chinos and a black Merona polo. This is a typical variation of my warm weather wear, Inspired by:

Mr. Bond, as usual.

Comment

In the past its mostly been jeans and POLO Ralp Lauren polos, custom fit mesh. Ill probably try some different brand polos this year.

My question, my work is very lax with clothing, but are linen or linen blend pants taking it too far? I wan't to wear things that breathe well and are summer weight, without looking overly casual or inappopriate.

Comment

Where do you guys reccomend for good fitting polos of decent quality? I thought I had read something about J Crew before but wasn't sure. In the past I usually perused Gap's offerings but in my new slimmer form I'm afraid what they have may be a bit loose/poor fitting.

Comment

@ Jordan, I have seen linen blend pants that are excellent for in the office. Its all a matter of how relaxed they look,you dont want to have straps hanging off your waist, but something like these will do e.g.

for me its boat shoes (sans socks) loafers, chino, chambray, polos, henleys, deconstructed blazers, shirts with sleeves rolled up, madras, and alot of color...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                          I>0<I

Comment

@ounce, look no further than Target...the atlethic fits forget the brand name though

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                            I>0<I

Comment

@Jordan: I don't think linen is inherently too casual (heck, they make suits from the stuff) for a casual work environment, but it does wrinkle very easily so that it may start to look messy. So I guess in THAT regard, it might BECOME too casual. A linen/cotton blend might help. Another issue I have with linen, though, is that if I'm indoors in a place with strong air-conditioning, I'll get cold. I do like the stuff when I'm outside, though. Makes me feel like I'm on vacation since it's so breezy. :-)

@Ounce: Brooks Brothers outlets have been running a spring/summer deal for years where you can get 3 pique polos in your choice of colors for $100. They always have a TON of colors to choose from (like 20 or so). It's very popular for them so I would be surprised if they weren't doing it again this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X