• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Bonobos just Jumped the Shark

Bonobos 100% Cotton St. Paddy’s Day Chinos

http://www.bonobos.com/po-8814-st-pa...m_medium=email

Woooooaaaahhhh...

I was expecting some green plaid or something. Those won't even look good on St. Paddy's Day.

Comment

Just got that email and thought the same thing. Hilarious.

Comment

This is by no means the most ridiculous pair of pants Bonobos have put out.

Comment

I don't know about jump the shark, as they've always had a few out-there FU pants, but I was kind of hoping for a better option for St Paddy's... maybe a bright irish green, green plaid or critter pants with shamrocks.

That being said, I'm sure these would be great for a U2 concert as well.

Comment

I would, however, buy up that all-purple suit in a heartbeat if they ever had it in my size for an appropriate price.

Comment

I prefer the Photosynthepants: http://www.bonobos.com/leaves-pant-straightleg

Comment

They had some covered in Shamrocks last year. They were... interesting.

But speaking of st.paddy's outfits, I'm thinking about buying this tie: http://www.bonobos.com/celtic-green It's expensive but I have a fancy St. Patrick's day Gala thing to go to in DC and it's the only "festive" but tasteful tie I could find.

Would it look good with a light brown suit?

Comment

Wow those pants are crazy. I do like the time though and the white polo with the shamrock is awesome.

Comment

By the way, any good Bonobos codes out there?

Comment

Hey guys, I think I just finalized my St Patrick's day outfit, now I can look like I've been puked on even before the binge drinking

Comment

Wow. You actually have to TRY to make a combination that bad. It's just not natural...

Comment

I just don't get who would buy $118 pants that you will wear once. Go-to-hell pants that are solid green (or solid orange if you're Protestant Irish like me ) are at least SLIGHTLY more versatile.

Ben

Comment

Haha, trash, you picked some good ones!

The difference between these and the Indochino shirts is the fun factor. You wear GTH pants to be fun and outrageous! I wouldn't spend $150 to do that, but clearly there is a market for it. It gets them a lot of good-natured free press.

Comment

I don't understand...

Wh- Why are they doing this?

Comment

Working...
                              X