No announcement yet.

Frank and Oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup... By the time I saw the e-mail, about an hour after, all the blazers were sold out in my size. I'm even signed up for the hunt club, in hopes of getting a blazer this month, but that helped zero. It would be nice if hunt club members got a pre-sale day or something.

It's hard to consider a shirt or accessory when the $50 price of the blazers set up an economy of scale that makes $45 for a shirt seem expensive. Plus not getting a blazer every time just means I'm annoyed while looking at the other stuff. I don't want to show up on one of Joe's whiny Internet people posts but I'm gonna give up on F&O soon since the blazer seems to be very limited to get us all looking at the site.

Comment

Even though I was irritated with their model, signed up to see what it's all about. Figured they would let me in. Nope. Still have to wait until I'm "approved." I can, however, get in immediately if I get two other people to sign up.

-_________-

Comment

I emailed them about it and the ability to preorder. They told me no. And they went into the spiel about how hot of an item the blazers are. And how even the rep responding to me "wasn't able to get one" SMH. Seems gimmicky to me. "Sign up for the hunt club so you can get the blazer". Then they don't tell you they barely stock any of them. And then they try and charge you $45 for not participating in the hunt club.

I did end up ordering a few of their shirts for my crate because I'm curious of the quality and fit. Not to mention if I didn't, they would of charged me the 45. Hopefully they work out.

Comment

I like a couple of the cotton ties theyve got this month. The blazers all seem way short to me. The really infuriating part is the lack of information on material, care, etc.

Comment

I like their blazer and since I'm a short guy, the length would probably be perfect. I just don't know if it's worth the hassle. It seems awfully complicated just to get a chance to maybe buy a blazer.

Comment

Looks interesting. Do you need an account just to access the non-subscription stuff? If so, my link is here. http://foak.co/hwnh/53u4

Comment

@Totino, you have 4 or 5 days to 'skip' the month and opt out of receiving anything or being charged.

I didn't get any of the blazers in my Pre-selected items and I don't think it would have mattered anyways because a couple sizes for the shirts they did pick for me were already sold out by the time I went to the site.

Comment

I don't think they add the blazers as a part of your stash. My selection had every item they have for sale with the exception of all the blazers. I believe you need to be a part of the hunt club just to be able to buy them which is what I did when the new stuff popped up.

Comment

Don't sweat the blazer. It has terrible fit such as neck gap and a super high button enclosure. Modasuite and these blazers fit terribly, even their models do not look good in them.

Comment

@Vespa This is what their FAQ says " If you don't request a Crate or skip the month, we conveniently credit your account for the value of one shirt ($45) for use on future Frank & Oak purchases"

From what I've read, you used to be able to opt out in the first 5 days with no penalty. But it doesn't look like that anymore???

And The blazers aren't included in the pre-selected items ever because of how in demand and how few they carry. They don't give you the option because they won't let you put them in your crate. This is what the rep told me when I emailed them

Comment

You've basically got to be online ready to purchase and be a hunt club member to get a blazer right at the release is my understanding. I happened to check the website about 30 minutes before the release was announced via email/twitter and just so happened that the site had just updated. I went ahead and picked up the Keating Blazer in Stone Check. I will post pictures of the OTR fit once it arrives. It's a 36 so if it ends up a bit short/small for me I'll let you have a crack at it Jessy. I fit most 36s but sometimes depending on the cut need more of a 37 so well see.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@tdig Thanks, keep me informed. The cuffs are supposed to be functional , I would have to check with my tailor.

By the way, did you take a look at the size chart?

http://www.frankandoak.com/size-charts

A 42 cm (16.5") shoulder width is quite small.

Comment

Hmm. I actually had not. Good find. The chest is pretty spot on. I usually like a 17 on the shoulders so well see how 16.5 fits. I wear XS jcrew shirts and I think they are 16" shoulders. I might be wrong about that though.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

That blazer looks short to me. The sleeves are coming where they should, but they're bent.

Comment

@Totino Well, it also says " If you choose to keep no items, your credit card will be conveniently charged the value of one shirt ($45) and your account will be credited for future Frank & Oak purchases. " so it seems even if you return your your items you are still gonna pay up!!! It's so confusing because under canceling your membership it says you are never obligated to buy anything and can skip a month. Also, to cancel we have to e-mail or call them.

I was checking the website on and off all morning but it being Sunday I was actually out enjoying the sun and doing stuff, so by the time I got to the site everything I'd be interested in was sold out.mI think at least one of the blazers is a poly blend so I'm not too disappointed. If they charged me $45 for the month I am going to complain and are truly done with bothering with the site.

Comment

Working...
                                X