No announcement yet.

Seiko Recraft Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just pulled the trigger on the green faced (w bracelet) one. Might come off the bracelet pretty quickly, but am excited to see it in person.

Comment

Wow. This thread started a full on post/review on the main dappered site. Impressive. For me and my taste though I'm not a huge fan of the cushion case. I prefer the look of a rounded watch or a square one. Maybe if I saw one in person my opinion would change, but based on the pictures I think my next watch purchase will be an Orient Bambino or something similar. Cheers.

Comment

I really like the look of the OP watch. Reminds me of a Panerai. Great looking watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
          I really like the look of the OP watch. Reminds me of a Panerai. Great looking watch.
          Honestly that is part of the appeal for me as well. I seriously covet a Panerai Radiomir, but there is no way I'm going to afford that any time soon, and likely not in this lifetime. While there are some decent looking knockoffs, I'm not really comfortable with wearing something that is pretending to be something it isn't. Also, I worry about the quality of something that is just a legal technicality shy of a counterfeit. These have a similar sort of aesthetic appeal appeal for me, but they are very much their own thing, and I know I can trust the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            or me and my taste though I'm not a huge fan of the cushion case. I prefer the look of a rounded watch or a square one.
            I make an exception for the Tissot T-Lord, but agree in general because the cushion case is too retro for me.

Also, for those who are fans of the new series, there's a posting on WUS for the green-on-bracelet option mentioned by [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
              Also, for those who are fans of the new series, there's a posting on WUS for the green-on-bracelet option mentioned by [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION].
              Not my cup of tea (as already mentioned) but I do think that is a nice watch.

Comment

Received my green on bracelet last night and fitted it to my wrist. Wearing today, it's a solid watch for the price and I love how retro/funky it looks and the on-the-larger-side size (relative to actual vintage) is nice for my oversize wrists. Will attempt pictures via Tapatalk momentarily.

Comment

After fighting with Tapatalk, hopefully these work. Excuse the bad photos, taken with an iPhone 5 in bad office/inside light.

Side by side is with my large Maratac pilot (older version) on Bond strap (which has been lovingly used and needs a trip to a repairman to reattached the small seconds hand), for comparison of size.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                    After fighting with Tapatalk, hopefully these work. Excuse the bad photos, taken with an iPhone 5 in bad office/inside light.
                    Looking good! I'm almost tempted to buy a green one too! (almost)

Let me know how accurate your is. Mine is bordering on Quartz level accuracy. It's gained maybe 3 seconds since I synced it to my computer 9 days ago.

Comment

I really dig the deep color and sunburst dials. Even the green, and I am not a green guy.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                        I really dig the deep color and sunburst dials. Even the green, and I am not a green guy.
                        Yeah, the green in person is definitely a deeper green than it looks in some of the online pictures (which I actually prefer). I'm not a green person per se, but this will give me some color options -- I probably wouldn't buy an expensive green watch (preferring to opt for white/black/blue dials that more easily pair with my clothes), but at this price point I think this will work out as a every-so-often watch.

As an aside, the 43.5-44mm measurements you see on the web (Seiko doesn't seem to offer one on their website) is the full CASE diameter (not including crown), not the dial. So it's large, but not enormous with the cushion case.

Comment

Working...
                        X