Sunday Challenge - 2/15/2015 - Valentine's Day Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Challenge - 2/15/2015 - Valentine's Day Special

Love is in the air!! I know this because of the relentless bombardment of emails from florists and retailers reminding me that Valentine's Day is approaching, and if I order today I can still receive my order in time for this important date (its still not too late to save 15% off your order at FTD flowers). So, show us how you're dressing up for a special date with the special someone in your life! Just be careful not to outshine your special someone, or your hot date may end up giving you the cold shoulder. Ah, true love...

Even if you're all alone, sadly clicking the refresh button on the "What's New" page of Dappered Threads this weekend, you can still participate - just pretend this is actually a President's Day challenge and post. We won't judge - well, techinically we will judge, but hopefully just your attire...

So, this week's challenge: Post your Valentine's Day outfit, or if you are, uh, participating in the "President's Day" challenge, then you are required to wear AT LEAST one item that is pink or red. So to be clear, your Valentine's Day outfit does NOT have to have pink or red (but it can), but if you aren't actually doing anything for Valentine's Day, you DO have to wear something pink or red.

The standard rules:

- Challenge proposed on Tuesday or early Wednesday
    - Rules solidified throughout the week
    - On Sunday or before, all participants dress according to challenge guidelines
    - Entries recorded Sunday night, voting begins
    - Winner declared on Tuesday evening
    - Winner is responsible for next week's theme

Good luck!!

JBarwick
    9.09%
    Shomas
    27.27%
    mattface
    31.82%
    jrdave2304
    9.09%
    Jamie
    22.73%

President's Day challenge, here I come..

Comment

Anyone who pulls off a pink Jason mask wins...

Comment

Here is my fit...need to figure out the best lighting outside as I either pick up blues from the shade or harsh morning hour yellows.

Jacket- Boss Black
        Shirt- MTM China
        Tie- Bruce Field
        Pants- BR Tailored Fit
        Shoes- Bexley of Paris Chelsea boots

Comment

My entry. I'm kinda straddling the Valentines Day/Presidents' Day line here. On the one hand, my wife and I do not celebrate Valentines Day, but on the other hand it falls on our usual date night and it is the first day after the end of my six-week "eat clean, don't drink, and exercise like a motherf*cker" project, so we will in fact be going out (and I will be eating some bread and some cheese and drinking some delicious alcoholic beverages, than you very much). And I will in fact be wearing something similar to this (with many more layers, given the generally frigid (for New York) temps we're expecting this weekend. So, anyway, here it is:

Sweater: J Crew Factory
          Shirt: Kent Wang
          Jeans: Uniqlo
          Boots: Alden (just for you, [MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION]!)
          Watch: Invicta/Crown & Buckle strap

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
            Shirt: Kent Wang
            Jeans: Uniqlo
            Boots: Alden (just for you, [MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION]!)
            Watch: Invicta/Crown & Buckle strap
            They look good on YOU [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION]!
            Last edited by mattface; February 13, 2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Here's me today. I chose this outfit for distributing my home-made valentines to friends and co-workers.

Stetson Royal
              Lands End Canvas red gingham
              Banana Republic shawl collar cardigan
              military surplus pea coat
              Orient Flight
              the tie was made by my Instagram buddy @t_v_landwehr

Down below I'm wearing my Gustin Loomstates, and Redwing Iron Rangers

Oh and this harness leather belt which I dyed with cordovan dye last night to go with this gorgeous Art Nouveau buckle. I suspect (and hope) it will fade a bit with time.

Comment

[MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], is that a Kent Wang long sleeve polo? As good as the regular polos? I really want to try one out sometime...
                [MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION], those Loomstates look incredible... I'm going to have to save up for the next run.

Comment

[MENTION=4193]sabrown[/MENTION], it is a long sleeve polo and yes, it's just as awesome as his regular polos. I was a little concerned that adding in another fit dimension (sleeve length) could mess up the generally stellar fit, but they are actually perfect.
                  [MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION], my general distaste (OK, hatred) for Valentines Day notwithstanding, those Valentines look really cool. And I love a nice pair of not-babied boots.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] I started making these several years ago, not so much a reaction to valentines, as a reframing of it being about sharing love, not about just traditional romantic love, but all kinds of love with all kinds of people in my life. I don't do christmas cards (OK Jenny makes me sign the christmas cards) this is what I do. Not necessarily every year, as it takes a bit of time to make them all and I haven't always had the energy for it. As for the boots. I love me some good boots, and I try to take good care of them, but you can't walk 10 feet outside in Vermont in the winter without getting stuff on your boots, and I walk a lot.

Comment

[MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION] those jeans look like they've faded very nicely. How long have you been wearing them?

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                        [MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION] those jeans look like they've faded very nicely. How long have you been wearing them?
                        I've had them about a year but I have 2 other pair of jeans in my regular rotation, and various other chinos and jeans that get occasional wear, so it's not like a solid year of wear.

Comment

[MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION], nice fades going there - I wouldn't mind seeing more pics of those. My Loomies are probably #2 in my jeans rotation (behind Organics and ahead of Indigo/Indigo BrightID). And I love the look of Iron Rangers with jeans. I hope you had the same facial expression when you handed out your valentine's...

The wife and I are actually getting out tomorrow (today?!), so hopefully I can get a pic or two to throw up for my own challenge!

Comment

Nothing too fancy, but here's my entry since I am ridin' solo this Valentines Day.

Funny that [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], [MENTION=7398]mattface[/MENTION] and I all had the same idea with a grey-ish shawl collar cardigan.

Shirt: CT Slim Fit Pennington Easy to Iron Poplin (Pink) w/Wurkin Stiffs
                            Sweater: GAP Cotton Cashmere Shawl Collar Cardigan (Medium Grey Heather) -- not as slim as I would like, but really comfy
                            Watch: Orient Bambino
                            Jean: AE Slim Fit Raw Selvedge
                            Shoes: CT Trinity Chukka (Brown Suede)

Comment

Lots of good fits this week! I would have had a casual fit if not for a business lunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X