X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H & M boat shoes

I really like the fashion of these boat shoes from H&M:

http://www.hm.com/us/product/98194?article=98194-B

However, they are only $30 and seem to be poorly constructed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a similar shoe?

http://www.sebago.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/8837M/11698/Mens/Spinnaker

Second column, third row?

Comment

Thanks, mate! I would prefer the sole being brown as well, but close enough!

Next question: Is the Sebago construction worth the $100 price tag compared to a pair of $30 shoes that, I assume, would only last a couple of seasons with continuous casual wearing?

Comment

I don't know much about their boat shoes, but I have a pair of the Sebago Beacon Boots that I'm very happy with. I know the Speery Topsiders are more popular, but I think Sebago is a well respected company as well.

Comment

IMO sebago is better made than Sperry

Comment

Be sure to check amazon and ebay before you pull the trigger at $100. I was looking for a boat shoe a while back and was pretty happy when I found them discounted to $60 on ebay. Better yet, found the same seller used amazon prime so rather than paying the $13 or whatever it was to ship via ebay, pocketed that cash and bought through amazon.

I'll look up my old orders and see if I can track down the seller.

Comment

I purchased a couple pairs of bass boat shoes last summer, and thought the value was good considering I think I spent $40 each for them. Leather was nice and soft, which I like for a shoe that I'm not wearing socks in, I don't expect them to last forever, but a few summers is good for me.

twitter: @adg_ca
              instagram: @adg_ca

Comment

to answer your question is Segabo good; YES, i own Sebagos, Sperry's and Timberland Boat shoes (Im from Mass, we were doing boats before they were cool) and IMO i think the order of quality and comfort goes, Sperry, Sebago, and Tims. I think you can get any on awesome discounts. I dont think i paid more than $50 for any of them.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                I>0<I

Comment

I found a pair of Sebago Docksides for $25 in my size at Nordstrom Rack. I try not to pay retail for anything and I certainly wouldn't pay $100 for these.

Sperry's can sometimes be found at Marshall's for $24.99.

Those H&M shoes are described as: Canvas deck shoes with imitation leather and imitation suede details. Rubber soles.

Comment

I would avoid all HM shoes, they are trendy which (IMO means will not last longer than 6 months of wear)

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                    I>0<I

Comment

I agree with MaxMan. I've see those shoes in store and the quality seems pretty crummy. Spend a couple extra bucks for something that will last.

Comment

Working...
                      X