Gift for Groomsmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift for Groomsmen

I'm getting married relatively soon and was trying to figure out a good groomsmen gift. I tried doing an internet search but most of the stuff is pretty tacky. Could you guys give me a few ideas or even what you for your own wedding? And keep in mind this is Dappered so nothing too pricey, considering I will be buying a couple of them.

I gave cufflinks from the Brooks Brothers outlet. Thry were able to use them with their tuxes. If you have the time, you can wait for a half off sale.

The ones I gave looked like silver knots since we were "tying the knot". I also got a pair for myself and wear them all the time.

Comment

I got my guys an engraved iPod shuffle and paid for their ties (we all wore Vineyard Vines), it got a little pricey, but I figure they are my best friends, and it's a one time deal.

Comment

I just went out yesterday to get my groomsmen their gifts. Were relatively young (24) and everyone is fresh out of university and getting into the working world/settling into their own places. Life is expensive around this time, so I went the practical route and paid for their shirts/ties (nice ones obviously). They are already investing in suits and such, so I figured it would lessen the burden on them, and they would get future use out of them. My best man is the only other one that is up to par with his mens fashion, and he already owned most of the stuff he would need, and he's my best friend, and hes going off to the military, so I am buying him a nice watch to wear.

Customized cufflinks was my plan B.

Comment

Whatever it is, it'll have more meaning if it can last for decades. Something like accessories (cufflinks, tie bars, etc.) is good because they're useful, they will last, and they wont fall out of fashion. And every time your friend uses it, they'll be reminded.

Customizing can be expensive, but including a hand written note in the box works just as well.

Comment

What's your per-item budget?

Comment

Bought stuff online, FedEx screwed up the delivery, and it got returned to the sender. They still haven't sent them to me, and I'm coming up on my 4th anniversary.

Comment

My brother gave engraved pocket knives.

Comment

@Alan My brother in law did the same thing, definitely a great gift.

Comment

My brother gave us all flasks with our last names engraved on them. I really liked it.

Comment

Oh yeah. I gave engraved flasks to the ushers. Found em for super cheap on Amazon. They weren't great quality, but they were passable.

Comment

I've received an engraved Swiss army knife and an engraved beer stein. I gave engraved pocket watches.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the quick response. In response to Alan: Less than $50 would be the budget. The main thing I am looking for is something that they won't use once and then forget about. So, I won't feel bad buying something for relatively cheap knowing it's getting some use rather than buying something really nice that they'll just pack away somewhere. That's why I don't really like the cufflinks idea, but I do like the idea of flasks as we are all in our mid 20's and I'm sure they will all find some use out of them.

Comment

I use cufflinks all the time... *shrug*

Comment

Truth be told, I also use cufflinks far more often than a flask.

Comment

Working...
                              X