Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue suede penny loafers - keep 'em or take 'em back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue suede penny loafers - keep 'em or take 'em back?

So I had to return some stuff to Nordstrom rack, which unfortunately means I had to actually go inside the store - a dangerous proposal. I made my returns, and ended up wandering through the shoe clearance section. There, I found some Adam Derrick blue suede penny loafers with brick soles by To Boot New York. They look pretty much like these:

The original price was like $280. I paid about $70... So right around 75% off. I'm just not sure I have the guts to wear them. Since they were the last pair in my size, I figured I'd grab first and then figure out the rest later. What do you all think? Slick or lame?

Put 'em on with a pair of jeans and post a pic. I'm leaning toward those being a little off, but I'd have to see them worn

Comment

The pic above is close, but they've taken my exact model off the website. Mine are very navy. Nearly black. I'll try to get a pic.

Comment

I don't normally like suede loafers but I do like those. I think it's the blue and brick sole that does it for me. But of course, if you aren't gonna wear 'em, there's no sense keeping 'em.

Ben

Comment

They look all right in isolation, but I'm not sure how to wear them. Is a pair of jeans a good way to go? I would have thought it would be a bit too much blue, but I guess there would be shade and textural differences. I have a pair of blue suede bucks myself, and I have yet to wear them because when I've tried something just felt off.

Comment

I picture wearing in them in spring and summer with shorts or khakis with the cuff rolled.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know about wearing penny loafers with shorts... That's what boat shoes or camp mocs are for, IMO

Comment

Yeah, I don't know about wearing penny loafers with shorts... That's what boat shoes or camp mocs are for, IMO

Comment

So adamant you had to say it twice! ;-)

That's part of my dilemma, though. I already have boat shoes.

Comment

I've seen it done well. Those look casual enough for it to work. A nice pair of properly fitting shorts with a good patter (a subtle glen plaid or something) with a casual polo would look good with those I would think.

Either way I really like those shoes. But blue suede is very much my style.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

First off, keep 'em. The contrasting sole really makes them a keeper. Personally, I'd pair them with something like Dockers' Alpha Khakis since the heavier weight and earthy colors would play well with the blue and brick. Some really dark wash denim could work, but it would have to be the absolute darkest wash you can get. Another option could be gray denim which is criminally underrated. Really, anything with some heft and texture to it in a casual style is a solid bet.

Comment

Hey arent we the same size shoe... I could always use an extra pair of blue loafers.

Comment

LOL Yes, i think we are. Size 12, right? I'll definitely give you first dibs if I decide I'm going to return them. Just keep an eye on this thread until I make up my mind. :-)

Comment

In the blue suede vein...I prefer these: http://www.cladmen.com/franklin-shoe.html

At 25% off, the price is comparable. Just depends on whether YOU prefer the wingtips or the loafers!

Comment

@ Alan, yep 12. I'm just playing, I'm currently on a shoe moratorium. 3 pairs of shoes in the last month, unused to buy a pair a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X