J Crew Factory Cotton Thompson blazer now $62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Crew Factory Cotton Thompson blazer now $62

It's down to $89 on sale with additional 30% with code SHOPNOW. Seems worth the potential $8.95 restocking charge to order two sizes (and thus get free shipping)...

Anyone know how that fits?

It's actually listed as a suit coat - but Im thinking for $62 it could be a pretty nice casual blazer to wear with jeans. (Note that it's cotton, not wool).

My only gripe is that I'll probably spend more on tailoring the damn thing than the actual sale price.

Comment

Link?

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/82z68oq

Comment

In my size! Wait, I've bought 3 blue jackets in the last week. Must...stop...

Comment

Just picked this up and it's actually my first blue/navy blazer. I'm usually a blazer with dark jeans guy. What do you guys where these kinds of jackets with and not look like your going to a college formal (from experience).

Comment

@jmanderson10: Can you post some pictures of the jacket, including a few closeups of the material? Is it chino-y or more formal than that?

Comment

This jacket is too casual to look formal. Your latitude with it will depend on the pants and shirt you pair it with. A tee shirt & jeans - most casual. Then a flannel button down & jeans. An OCBD & jeans. Then getting more formal, a knit tie and jeans. A knit tie and grey dress pants. Plus footwear. This is perfect for your wingtips in any shade of brown or your colorful suede shoes, even loafers and certain boat shoes.

I'd stop there. Wearing a silk tie with a point collar and dress pants seems like an overreach for this jacket.

Comment

What are everyone's thoughts on the corded newport blue?

I can't decide if I would actually wear this or not...

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_p...=1329492964829

Comment

@nicholascrawford: Thats the type of stuff I planned on for it, I just don't like how casual a blazer like the Target Merona one looked in general. I'd rather slightly dress a more formal looking (still casual, just more formal looking) blazer down then dress a very casual one up.

Comment

Does anyone know if this jacket has functional button holes? If so I'll probably pass since the sleeves will definitely need tailoring, and that would make it rather expensive.

Comment

@zerostyle For this price, the answer is probably no.

I have the factory charcoal suit and it does not, so I would imagine this is the same.

Comment

@zero -- just zoom in on the picture and it doesn't look like it. Also, if it did, I'm almost certain that JCrew would point it out.

Comment

@MichaelW. I ordered the Corded Blue blazer and it came in last night. I really like the color, its a nice alternative to a Light gray/Soap stone suit. When I ordered it, I was worried it would look a little too seersucker-y, but it looks good. Its more of a blue tint than an actually blue.

Comment

@hornsup: Ya, though usually they also indicate a lot more information (single vent/dual vent/etc). I'll send the CSR an email.

Ugh... really unsure if I should pull the trigger on this or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X