J.Crew secret wash shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J.Crew secret wash shirts

Anyone have experience with these? How is the fit? Is the fabric as nice and soft as they make it out to be?

I get the feeling they are popular as yesterday I was mulling over bying a few on the jcrew final sale, I went back a couple hours later to bite and they had sold out of over 40 different variations of these shirts by that point.

I ask because im looking for some comfortable, more casual button downs to wear under sport coats. Lighter colors for upcoming spring would be a plus.

What's a "secret wash"?

Comment

Apparently the tumble them and grate the fabric to give it a soft, worn-in feel.

Comment

I'm curious about the Vintage Fit Polo's myself. Anyone know how these fit overall? I'm about 6'3 with a 34 waist, I'm thinking XL Tall probably but wanted to know how slim these run.

Comment

Secret Wash shirts are kind of meant to be effortless casual shirts, where the wrinkles and such actually look natural instead of like mistakes. Kind of nice shirts to throw on if I understand correctly, but I don't have first hand experience.

Comment

I don't own any, but I have tried them on(resisting any clothing purchases until I finish an almost done weight-loss/fitness journey) and they are the softest button-downs I've ever seen. One of those rare instances where the the manufacturer's claims truly stand up to scrutiny.

Can't give any insight on fit since I was much bigger when I tried them on, but I'm planning on buying a few in the near future for my casual wardrobe if the fit is right.

Comment

I ordered one yesterday in XS. My experience with their Vintage Oxford shirts is that they fit me pretty snug around the waist but I had to size down (I'm usually a small in brands like Express 1MX shirts). I'm 5'10" and 140 and I've got a short torso so the XS fits me perfect everywhere except a little in the sleeves but I intend to roll em up for Spring anyway!

Comment

I grabbed 6 shirts in XS slim fit yesterday, hopefully they work out without much tailoring. First time biting on J.Crew, I'm usually not too impressed with their offerings in store, but 24$ a shirt was a little too nice to pass up.

Comment

Have a few of their secret wash shirts. I love them. Like others have said, they're nice and soft. Those and madras shirts are some of my favorite to wear out here in L.A. Casual and effortless, yet good looking.

Comment

Where are they $24/shirt?

Comment

Some of them were 29.99 and 39.99 + 30% off with SHOPNOW.

I just picked up one, so i can see if i like it. If i do ill watch their sales like a hawk to get some for cheap. I didn't want to jump all in and buy a pile when its Final Sale.

Comment

Yeah, they are overdoing Final Sales. I guess most things sell well enough that they only put up the really-needs-to-get-out-of-the-warehouse-bottom-of-the-barrel-won't-sell stuff in there. I prefer standard sales by far, but J. Crew fancies themselves to valuable to do many full sales.

Comment

I don't know who they dupe into paying full price, but no way in heck am i paying 70-80$ for a casual button down. I can handle 20-30 a shirt, if the quality is right.

Comment

I have a few J.Crew Factory washed button down shirts. Haven't wore them a lot yet, but I like them. They are very casual, great for rolling up sleeves. They could be a bit slimmer, but it's not that bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X