Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macy's Allen Edmonds Sale(30% off selected styles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macy's Allen Edmonds Sale(30% off selected styles)

Figured my first post should be a useful one!

This will only be applicable to folks who live near a Macy's since they're not authorized to sell Allen Edmonds online, but I just got back from the NY Herald Square location and they had a few styles on sale at 30% off. Not the least of which being the much lusted after Dalton boot($375 - 30% = $263.50). I was told it's a President's Day weekend promotion so don't sleep on this one.

Here I was all set to jump on the Bayfield at $199 and compromise on losing the brogue wingtip styling and leather sole. Now I'm trying to figure out how to sell the lady on getting both. A PowerPoint presentation may be in order.

I wish my Macy's carried AE, let alone anything decent. All of the one's around here seem to have a pretty sad Men's shoe section (maybe 8-10 dress shoe options at best..) and dont' offer much in brands beyond the Dockers/CK/Kenneth Cole variety. I'd love some Dalton's but I'll probably have to wait for the online or AE brick and mortar store sale.

Comment

Yeah, Macy's is a strange store. Even the one in Old Orchard (a more upscale mall on Chicago's affluent North Shore) carries mostly crap. I might have to take a look at the State Street store and see what they have on sale. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I've never noticed AE in any of my local stores, either. I didn't know they carried it at all.

Comment

Yeah, my Macy's doesn't carry any shoes I'd wear. I don't think they carry anything with a welted sole at all.

Comment

Yep, even the Macy's in the Mall of Georgia is crap. Might stop by the one in Lenox in downtown Atlanta this weekend to check(cuz I've *really* been lusting after a pair of Daltons...)

Comment

The Herald Square Macy's does carry some cheap-o shoes(Stacy Adams and whatnot), but it also has some quality brands like AE, Cole Haan and the like. It's likely the most upscale Macy's store since it's the flagship and smack in the middle of midtown Manhattan, but it's also not the only one that carries AE.

I recommend anyone interested do a store search on the AE website with only the "Retail Partners" box checked off.

Comment

@Thekillabeejc Woodfield and Oak Brook Macy's have decent selections, although I've never looked for AE in either one when Nordstrom is on the other side of the malls.

Comment

Tony & Thekillabeejc - The only time I went to the Old Orchard Macy's was to return something I bought online then go to Nordstrom for their 2 day sale.

Nice looking mall with a lot of good stores, but the Macy's there was nothing special.

Comment

I had no idea that there were other people from the north shore on here. I grew up on the north shore by Old Orchard before moving down south.

Comment

Well, actually Nicholas is more Milwaukee and I'm west suburbs.

Comment

I'm actually from the NW side of Chicago but went to Loyola Academy so I know the north shore pretty well

Comment

Working...
                        X