Does this work as a casual suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this work as a casual suit?

I like the looks of the Target blazer but for whatever reason I haven't found one that fits. With the 20% LL Bean sale going on I checked our their Signature collection and I found this blazer and pants combo that comes in at right about $100 right now. You can see the pants by scrolling down.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65145?feat=505931-GN3

I was already looking for a casual blazer and a nicer looking pair of khakis so these would both fill needs as separates, but what about as a suit? How versatile would this be or would it only be for the most casual of settings (would it work for a casual job interview)? Would it look out of place with even a tie?

The other issue is I am a 36S and this appears to just be a 36. Does anybody have experience with this or other signature items in terms of how long they run?

It has functioning sleeve buttons also. One person commented that it cost them like $40 to have the sleeves altered because of this and that is definitely something that I would have to do. Should it actually cost that much?

I've got it on the way. Reviews said it ran big so I sized down to a 38. We'll see. The functional buttonholes do make it costly to alter and the sleeves supposedly run long. A tailor usually has to separate the sleeve from the shoulder and take it up that way when the buttonholes are functional.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

The sleeves do run long. I order a 38, and normally wear a 40. The sleeves are about 1 inch longer than my other blazers. Thankfully I have ridiculously long arms, so it's not too noticeable to anyone but me. I wore it to work and got several compliments.

The pants are a bit wider than I'd like though, so I am thinking of getting those taken in. The blazer fit my shoulders and body perfect, so no need to for tailoring up top.

Comment

This suit set can definitely work at summer weddings with a knit tie; I don't see why it can't work for a casual job interview.

The sleeves are definitely long. I normally wear 36R and the sleeve on the 36 jacket was about half an inch too long. All things considered though, getting this and then having it tailored still puts you under $200.00 for a great looking casual suit.

Comment

How's the length of the jacket? I'm pretty short.

Comment

Working...
          X