Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srlclark
    replied
    I'm starting one of these on 1st December. I need to pick up a couple of sweaters and perhaps some flannel-lined pants tomorrow to help me through the winter, but then it's on. I got married this year and ended up spending way too much money on clothes. I did a near three-month embargo already, buying only one shirt from the start of July until the Columbus Day sales in mid-October, but I've bought a bunch of stuff again over the last six weeks, and I need to cut myself off. Besides the expense, looking for stuff is too big a distraction from work.

So it'll be a nice embargo until the start of March, and then I can hopefully pick up some closeout winter styles (boots, topcoat, peacoat will be the priorities) to stock up for next year. It's a leap year, but I'll still to the full three months and start up again on 1 March.

Anyone else want in?

Leave a comment:

• firemunkee
    replied
    I'm in. I dropped more money this year than last on clothing

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I'm up for a no spend challenge. My wallet could definitely benefit from it.

Leave a comment:

• thecharlesg
    replied
    I had to look what it was. Doesn't appear to have anything to do with p90x which is disappointing. I just finished week one of p90x. I also just bought some clothes at the mall.

Leave a comment:

• ninpb
    replied
    Hah, just checking, is anybody still in this?

I'm looking forward to another one of these but I doubt I have the strength to be in one during the holidays.

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo1997
    replied
    For the record, i fell off the wagon last week: bought a pair of sun glasses and a belt.

Leave a comment:

• ninpb
    replied
    Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
    I made it to June 1. I probably won't last the month though. CT sent me a $25 gift certificate which will expire this month if I don't use it.
    See if you can use it to buy a real gift certificate that has no expiration.

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo1997
    replied
    I made it to June 1. I probably won't last the month though. CT sent me a $25 gift certificate which will expire this month if I don't use it.

Leave a comment:

• ninpb
    replied
    Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
    May 10 and I am still in. Anyone else?
    Originally posted by akosmowski View Post
    [MENTION=12319]Wahoo1997[/MENTION] no purchases here too!
    Wow. Great job guys! Keep going.

Leave a comment:

• sbca
    replied
    [MENTION=12319]Wahoo1997[/MENTION] Nope... Fell off right when it ended. Need to get back on now that I am all set for summer weather.

Leave a comment:

• akosmowski
    replied
    [MENTION=12319]Wahoo1997[/MENTION] no purchases here too!

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo1997
    replied
    May 10 and I am still in. Anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• TKNumber3
    replied
    While I technically didn't make it for picking up 2 t-shirts at the end of February, that was my only purchase. It was a good way to take stock of what I have. I think there are a few things in my wardrobe I'll look at replacing since I realize I don't like certain aspects of them so don't wear them. Currently have a mac jacket on order, definitely something I've been looking at for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Vanquish
    replied
    Successfully made it. There were a few items (Outerwear and Shoes) that I wanted to get, but I determined that I do not need them yet.

I will be continuing this until I get to where I want in the gym and once that happens, I will be purchasing a bunch of different clothing items. Until that happens, I will continue to save.

For me, once I typically get interested in something, I do a ton of research and it consumes me until I either find something else that I am interested or just back off for a while. This 90 day challenge has been great in backing off and figuring out what I actually wear and where I want my wardrobe to go in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo1997
    replied
    As for myself, I plan on seeing if i can continue this. I'm trying to treat this period as a time to reflect on how to best/most efficiently spend a smaller clothing budget. I've realized that I actually wear only a few of the things that I own.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X